Is This a Form of Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kevin1234, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Kevin1234

Kevin1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Hi I'm Kevin from Singapore,

And recently I've developed some weird symptoms towards my ear whenever I try to sleep only. Whenever I try to sleep with my ears folded, covering my ear canal and the area next to my ear; I would be able to hear a heartbeat (but it doesn't sound like its coming from deep inside the ear but more of the outer of the ear), along with this the area around my neck/ear would also go into a slight spasm or dull ache feeling and would make it impossible for me to sleep as my anxiety kicks in. Is this because of the blood vessels behind and next to my ear? Or in my ear as sometimes I'm able to feel a feint pulse by the entrance of my ear canal.

2. Sandy B
      Inspired

Sandy B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/96
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing test set off
      Hello And welcome... Yes we are all about tinnitus. Have you tried heat from a heating pad? Or just an old clean sock filled with beans and heated in the microwave works to heat the ears. I have a infrared heat and vibrating wand I use and helps too. My ears love them all. Again welcome.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kevin1234

Kevin1234 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Also do any of you guys know why my ears slightly vibrate whenever hearing a certain sound; for instance, my ears tend to vibrate a little when hearing a metal spoon tapping against a shiny ceramic bowl. Is this a form of hyperacusis or something to do with my eustachian tube?

4. Sandy B
      Inspired

Sandy B Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/96
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing test set off
      Can you Google that as I do not know but I will Google to see if information?