Is This Pulsatile Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by DavidSupertramp, Nov 1, 2015.

1. DavidSupertramp
      Cheerful

DavidSupertramp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma and TMJD
      Hi people, hope you are doing all fine
      Hm Maybe you have read my story or maybe not , anyways i will just explained what happened to me ..
      So basically my T started in my left ear from loud noise exposure at a party ( i was the Dj so i gave mylself T haha ), normal hissing sound with some fullness .. After 1 week the fullness went away and the T had loweres but , T moved to my right ear also which was louder and reactive ! I have Tmj issues and maybe ETD .. and also my tmj cracks or pop ? And when i yawn my ears pop and goes like " Dub dub dub " ( a really fast whooshing maybe ? ) but it was only after i yawn .. Now after 5weeks im starting to hear like a DUB ( Sorry but its really hard to explain , some people hear whoosh but mine is more like Dub ) like fast air traveling through my left ear .. Its not constant and maybe sync with my heartbeat , its like 2 DUB really fast and then restart affer loke 10-15mins if i really focus on it .. So my questions are im i starting to develop PT ? Does PT start at once or takes time before becoming worse ? What to do about it ? ,
      Thanks for your time guys , Cheers

2. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Hi, @DavidSupertramp,

I can only speak from my own experience, but for me, pulsatile tinnitus started suddenly with no warning. When it started, it was not gradual, or off-again/on-again; it was a steady pulsating beat. The beat was, and still is, in sync with my heartbeat. It isn't always a whooshing sound; mine is more like a drumbeat sound.

There are other types of pulsating, including stapedius myoclonus, which is more of a spasm.

If yours is truly PT, and it begins to get worse, you should go to a doctor to be checked out. If warranted, the doctor will order further testing.

However, in your case, I'd give it some time, to see if it goes away on its own.

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DavidSupertramp
      Cheerful

DavidSupertramp Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma and TMJD
      Hey Karen , thanks for replying
      It has calmed down a bit now , i will wait until tomorrow and maybe see a doctor to see whats really causing that ! I really hope it doesnt get worse and hope yours also stop one day ..
      My father has high blood pressure issues , maybe its in the genes ! But whatever , we have to stay positive and strong ..
      Have a good day or night Karen wherever you are in the world , Cheers .

4. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @DavidSupertramp I think that's the best thing to do -- wait and see if it begins to subside on its own.

If there are blood pressure issues in your family, you should definitely have your blood pressure checked. It's possible that it could get worse when your blood pressure goes up. I know that my PT is affected when my blood pressure goes up. I monitor my blood pressure at home, just about every day.

If it doesn't go away, going to a doctor is a good idea.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Mike TerMaaten

Mike TerMaaten Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 20, 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2013 GMC Sierra pickup truck
      Avoid things like these

00r0r_byJOCRLfabk_600x450_zps0psgzhy3.jpg

They'll give you T for sure........

6. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mike, That might be true for regular tinnitus, but pulsatile tinnitus usually has a vascular cause. You're right that they could cause regular tinnitus, but I doubt they would cause pulsating.