A Drone/Buzz Noise Goes Up and Down in Sync with My Breathing — Is It Pulsatile Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Deniseh, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Deniseh

Deniseh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly b12/folic acid deficiency and GERD
      Hi,

Have had tinnitus since early August in my left ear. I do have the high pitched screech but not all the time, I only ever hear it during the night when I’m lying down or on occasion in a really quiet room.

However I do have a nearly constant drone/buzz which I’ve noticed if I exercise/walk the dog etc it goes up and down with my breathing (inhale goes up / exhale goes down), this stops when my heart rate goes back to normal. I have briefly discussed this on a previous thread and was advised could possibly be pulsatile tinnitus. Has anyone had this experience as well?

Also if I wake up through the night sometimes it’s not there and a lot of times in the morning I have no noise or next to no noise at all.

All comments welcome.

2. Zigs

Zigs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Hi @Deniseh,

I am just wondering if your buzzing sound resolved? Finding this a real challenge at the moment.

Thanks.

Zigs

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Deniseh

Deniseh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly b12/folic acid deficiency and GERD
      Hi @Zigs

Nope, still the same I’m afraid, changes from buzz to drone to a Didgeridoo sound lol. Strange thing is that sometimes it just disappears completely for a few minutes but always comes back.

You are absolutely right. It is challenging as it can be hard to mask at times. I’ve become used to it now but it can still annoy when it ramps up.

How long have you had it?

Denise x

• Like Like x 1