Is Tinnitus By Noise Possible to Cure? :(

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Réka, Aug 6, 2012.

tinnitus forum
    1. Réka

Réka Member

Tinnitus Since:

Sorry for my bad english!
      I'm from Hungary, i have visited so many doctors, and read almost all of the forums in hungarian about tinnitus. I don't know why i have it, maybe because I listened to my mp3 too loud that time. (but i have some other ideas too) I'd like to ask did you ever read/hear about someone who had it because of noise, and had it cured? I have it for 10 months, and i went to a loud concert about 8 months ago, when my T worsen.. I got intavenous Nootropil again, and it helped again. I was in a party 3 months ago( where the music was lower). and it got louder again, i had intravenous Nootropil again, and it helped so much! my tinnitus never was that quiet:(
      I don't know why, it worsen again 2 weeks ago.(maybe because of my neighbour's auger) same procedure, but i'm not content with the result. I know I'm stupid that i went to parties, but I was proffesed, that that is not because of noise..Now I'm doubtful.
      2 weeks ago a doctor told me , she think it's because of my cervical kyphosis, and I have to cure it.Since i do the exercises, what she told me, my TMJ worsen.. is it possible , or is it just my fantasy?:D
      Anyway, I'm really curious if you know anyone in the world who had it because of noise, and got cured it somehow, or it went away spontaneously and had it more than 6 months.
    2. Markku

Markku Director Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Welcome Réka...!

have you had an audiogram? Do you know if your hearing is otherwise fine?

The intravenous Nootropil (Piracetam) treatment is interesting and that it helped you in the past.

I don't really know the answer to your question though. Noise induced tinnitus can go away on its own, but it's most often the disco tinnitus type that goes... and usually it resolves within hours/days rather than weeks/months, but everything is possible.

Still, habituation should make things easier EVEN IF the tinnitus didn't resolve on its own or by taking care of the other issues (treating cervical kyphosis...?).

Rest assured, tinnitus isn't the end of the world. You will be fine.

Thanks for joining and hope* to see you around,

*well, to be honest I hope your tinnitus will stop altogether or stop annoying you so much that you don't need the forums!