Is Tinnitus the Last Symptom to Go If It's Related to the Jaw?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Carlyi, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Carlyi
      Blah

Carlyi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      Hi everyone,

I have been fighting tinnitus now for the last couple of weeks. I have a feeling it is going slightly better.
      I'm having short periods of silence, but it always comes back.

The reason why I have tinnitus is related to my jaw. Or at least that's what I have been thinking as my earpain went away after having dry needling sessions and daily massages to release the muscles. I never had a feeling of fullness in my ear. It felt like a muscle touching my eardrum everytime i swallowed or yawned. I hardly feel this anymore. Sometimes just slightly.

My jaw is not as tense anymore and I feel like my tinnitus has no reason to stay here anymore!

Is tinnitus the last symptom to go? Should I be more patient?

I did give birth 2 weeks before I developed tinnitus. I did a bloodtest and my thyroid was the only thing that was slightly off, but nothing to worry about according to my doctor.

I'm afraid that if the tinnitus doesn't go after resolving my muscle situation I don't know what else to do or what the cause of my tinnitus is.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      That's wonderful. It looks like in a couple of months you are going to be cured. Ears take forever to heal. The fact that you can hear silence after only having it for 3 months makes me feel optimistic about your case.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Carlyi
      Blah

Carlyi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ
      Thanks Bill for your comments. I see your posting alot and helping out alot of people. that's truly awesome!

4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thank you for your kind words.

I work at home. Posting here allows me to take my mind off of my work and, to some limited extent, off of tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    5. orbiter12

orbiter12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/03/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud club
      hey b
      Hey bill have you stopped working in an office due to T?