It Can Go Away!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Bazz, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Bazz

Bazz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Hey guys.
      Just wanted to share some info about tinnitus and the possibilities that it can dissappear
      I got mine back in June from a nightclub. Went through few bad weeks same as everyone. Eventually kinda got use to it but still wish it wasn't there. Anyways in about august I was on laptop on day when just suddenly I couldn't hear it anymore. Honestly it was gone. Unfortunately I got exposed to loud noise again and it can back same day. But main point is it can go. Also got my hearing checked last week and the audiologist told me she had hers for year and half before it went. So there's another example. Audiogram back in July showed a drop to 15 db at 8000 but when I went last week it was at 35 and so was 6000. I was shooting and had got exposed with bad timing. But I got hearing test today and showed improvement so always possible recovery. Sorry I'm going off topic. Main thing is it can go away. So don't loose hope

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. ali can
      Alone

ali can Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hight-noise
      congratulations! I checked your profile yesterday because I got exposed to loud noise august22
      and now ı can hear my t at night only when ı lay down on my bed , I cant hear in daytime

Im probably getting better

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bazz

Bazz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      Ya it takes time. It's a weird thing tinnitus. I would say get your hearing checked by a good audiologist someone who will take their time. I has so many from fear and found a big difference in the god ones and the bad ones. Also protect your ears. Before mine went for a while I stayed away from loud music for a month or of I so go now I wear earplugs foam ones. You would be suprised how well you can still hear the music it's that loud. Some advice though. Don't get over protective with your hearing as you can become sensitive to sounds. I just protect when I have to such as nightclubs or work

4. Falconfox
      Paranoid

Falconfox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/01/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wish I knew, possibly nosie damage.
      @Bazz where do you work might I ask? I've been wondering if I should protect mine more specifically at work, I'll probably just switch jobs though as it's causing me too much stress.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bazz

Bazz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2015
      I'm a cabinet maker by trade but actually am in college at the moment Change of career as I'm studying archaeology. Childhood passion sorta thing. Since I was 15 I worked during summer on building sites. Didn't wear much protection. 18 started cabinet makin always wore protection but never on nights out. I think was combination of work and social noise that did this. But to answer your question anything above 85db I wear protection full stop. Got an app on my phone. Tinnitus awarness it's called. Vibes exposure times allowed for different levels but has a db meter on it which I use when I think things are to noisy. Also stuff like when I'm cycling I wear hat to stop the wind noise. I got a good set of musicians ear plugs tha I wear to liveusoc for good sound but in loud nightclubs I just wear foam ones. Better protection and I can still hear fine because everyone is shouting already anyway.

6. mohamad-m

mohamad-m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011/10
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hunting with no ear safety
      Yes it could go away , I had mine from shooting with guns I always got tinnitus after a hunt but it went away in few days but now I'm left with severe tinnitus because I continued shooting with no protection see my story

7. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I stopped using headphones for over a month now. In fact, since June, I've omly listened to music using headphones less than 10 times. Do you think my T will get better?

8. curtis1988

curtis1988 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      This is very good to hear. I'm hoping this will go just as much as everyone wishes too. I finished work and thought it had gone......only to realise it's still there. Constant dog whistle. But it's good to know that yours has moments where it goes :)