It Gets Easier!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Adamwynn, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Adamwynn

Adamwynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Hey guys, I got noise induced tinnitus on the 11th October this year, at first it was really hard to deal with and I had the usual 2 weeks of sitting in bed crying and doing nothing. Eventually though it started improving and got to the point a week ago where I put my ear to the pillow and nothing could be heard. Now I think this next bit is more important, mine has come back, due to stress and what was that stress? I had a test to see if I have a life shortening terrible disease, as I was waiting for the results I was thinking about my ears, its not going to kill me its not painful, its always there but it can't hurt me or shorten my life. That's when I released I'm lucky in a lot of ways to not only have quite tinnitus but to have nothing else that could negatively impact my health. So guys I know its hard but I was a wreck and I had so many negative thoughts but you really do get used to it!

And everyone is thinking when will it go away, and I certainly read about habituation and was like I don't want that I want it gone! But many times even yesterday when I laid in bed on my side with my ear ringing watching TV I think to myself oh.... I can't hear anything and then I'd hear it again obviously but for those 5 minutes I'd habituated and yeah for those 5 minutes it may as well have been gone! Habituation is the same as it going as it doesn't bother you.

My advice, take it a day at a time, don't think, oh I make music oh I'll never be able to do this again etc, that's how I thought. I'll never be able to have kids as they scream etc. But or my on my first day of cheering up all I did was cook a meal, then the next I went out with my family, and now I'm doingeverything I was doing before! Just take everything day by day, and remember guys LITTLE VICTORIES ADD UP, AND THAT IS WHAT ULTIMATELY GIVES YOU CONFIDENCE - ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER

• Like Like x 4
      • Useful Useful x 1
    2. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Yep, it does. Good attitude and good strategy bro.

3. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      You are so lucky man! :)