It Is Gone!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Littlewolf, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Littlewolf

Littlewolf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Hey everyone. I am writing to share my story of how I got rid of my tinnitus. I have read a few other success stories that sound very similar to the way mine starting going away. I had a couple months of intense tinnitus and could not stop having anxiety attacks and researched this condition intensely.

I finally stumbled across a youtube video that changed my life:

How I Got Better From Tinnitus

Immediately after I watch this video I felt a huge relief in stress and I started changing the way I thought about my tinnitus. Just telling myself over and over whenever I heard it "This doesn't bother me" of "I am not threatened by that noise" I am telling you that even if I didn't believe those statements at first and was deep down super annoyed and disappointed every time I heard it, just repeating them over and over I started believing them and getting used to the noise. He recommends looking up someone on YouTube named Julian Cowell Hill and let me tell you, you MUST. This man had tinnitus for 16 YEARS and figured out how to get his to go away and by using his techniques and watching his videos, IT WORKED. No pill you take can stop the ringing in your ear, that's why you always hear that there is no "cure" to tinnitus but IT DOES GO AWAY.

It doesn't go all the way away at once, it goes away linearly and you will have ups and downs along the way but HANG IN THERE. It took me MONTHS of meditation and physical stress relief (massage, yoga, exercise, therapy). I did not think I'd ever hear silence again and am crying now at how grateful I am to hear it again and how beautiful it is and I am reflecting on how much this tinnitus has truly taught me so much and helped me grow immensely. I know just how hard it can be but I look at my tinnitus as a blessing that saved my life and helped me get well in the head and body.

Here is a link to a great song I meditate to a lot:

528Hz Release Inner Conflict & Struggle |...

Here is a link to Julian Cowell Hill's YouTube page:

Stop telling people there is no cure for tinnitus!

HANG IN THERE GUYS. IT GETS BETTER. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL EVEN WITH A RINGING IN YOUR EARS YOU CAN STILL SEE THE SUN SET OR YOUR BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN. YOU CAN WALK, YOU CAN MOVE, YOU CAN HEAR AND TASTE AND SMELL AND SEE. EVERYTHING IS OK! AND DON'T FORGET TO BREATHE.

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. hoper
      Lonely

hoper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      So you have had Tinnitus only for 1 Year?

3. JohnAdams
      Bugridden

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      There are going to be some people here that absolutely disagree with all of this. I am one of them. Those of us that have noise induced hearing loss and tinnitus, there is a physical mechanism at play here. While agree there are ways, at least in my case, to use sleep, healthy eating, and diversion to take your mind off of the T, it is still there. When I lay my left ear on my pillow, I hear it. When I sit in my quiet office without my masking sounds on, it makes head ring like a bell. It is a physical malady. Some people have tinnitus that is intrusive and impossible to ignore. That is part of human life and physical reality we arent just spirit beings that can think our way out of disease. The title of this thread is "it is gone", but the end says you can still live your life with tinnitus. So which one is it? There is a drug that already exists, they have already injected in test subjects, they may have already CURED hearing loss and tinnitus, we just dont know until they tell us. That's what I'm interested in. I can still enjoy my life with tinnitus, by pushing through it, not hoping some kind of habituation technique will make it stop. In my mind, that is called false hope.

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Littlewolf . Hi congratulations enjoy the silence.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Lane

Lane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic Drug
      Hey @Littlewolf -- Congratulations on your amazing accomplishment. I'm SUPER happy for you! -- BTW, the route you took to achieve your success has many similarities to the route I'm currently treading. It will eventually include regular at home mHBOT sessions, among any number of other things that may help calm my brain and neurological system. A lot of effort may be required over a long period of time, but it seems like the likeliest route to succeed for my situation.

6. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Spot on John.
      All we have is a number of coping techniques that may help us to live our lives a little more tolerably.
      We need something better.
      Who knows if we will ever get it?
      Some people believe in God’s law.
      I believe in Sod’s law.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Did the noise actually go or did you tune it out?

8. JohnAdams
      Bugridden

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What if God's law is Sod's law?

9. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      Cures are hard to come by. Can you name anything that the human body has been cured of in the past decade or century? Yep nothing.
      So what of tinnitus ? Well I don’t think there will be a cure in our lifetime maybe some Kind of medication to lower the volume is our best bet. Sorry to ruin your happy mood with something troubling or sad that’s just my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    10. JohnAdams
      Bugridden

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      they have restored hearing in living mammals with a drug that's currently in human clinical trials. If the lost hearing spectrum is restored, there's a damn good chance that the tinnitus will be eliminated. You haven't ruined my mood at all. we will know soon enough. BTW my T has been here with me all day, but I had a great day playing with my boy, we watched Toy Story, played with cars, etc. I just lifted weights, and now I'm about to go run two miles. Then I'm going to order takeout (BBQ ribs) and drink some vodka and pass out finishing the movie Elizabeth from 1998.

• Like Like x 2
    11. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hepatitis C?
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...re-there-really-10000-diseases-and-500-cures/

There are over 10,000 diseases, and only about 500 can be treated...

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    12. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Then it’s irrelevant......

13. JohnAdams
      Bugridden

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      seems somewhat subjective to me my friend.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Littlewolf

Littlewolf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      JohnAdams- not sure why you're so skeptical of my post. Sometimes it is completely gone and sometimes it is very very faint. At the most intense point of it I literally turned my car stereo all the way up and my tinnitus was louder than it. I have full faith that it will go completely away and stay away forever if I continue to do what I'm doing.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Littlewolf

Littlewolf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      My tinnitus started in May 2017 but went away after a few months because I literally just started forgetting about it and not paying attention to it. I came back very quietly a few months later and then by January 2018 it was full blown. So I'm approaching about 1 year and a couple months.

• Like Like x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Littlewolf

Littlewolf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      It went away. It comes back only a tiny tiny little bit and I know if I continue to do what I'm doing, it will be gone forever. Hang in there!

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Littlewolf

Littlewolf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Having a negative attitude like yours isn't going to make living with tinnitus easy. Check yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Littlewolf

Littlewolf Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      It's not easy but you will learn and grow through out the process. Just keep hanging in there. Sounds like you have a solid plan!

• Like Like x 1
    19. JohnAdams
      Bugridden

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So it's not gone? Your post is titled, "It Is Gone!" I'm confused.

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. Lane

Lane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic Drug
      Kinda sounds like it's about 99%+ gone. Or gone 100% at times, and 90-some percent at other times. It doesn't appear to be gone 100%--100% of the time--but I'd take any of those aforementioned scenarios in a heartbeat.

• Like Like x 2
    21. JohnAdams
      Bugridden

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The poster, like myself has a very mild case of T which fluctuates. I was all about mentally overcoming it at first but as I became more aware of the nature of this disease, I realized for many T sufferers, it is just a losing battle to try and habiutate, because it is so severe and what they need is a real cure.

Once again, the gamma secretase inhibitor ly411575 restored the hearing in deafened mice by regrowing dormant progenitor cells into new functioning hair cells and humans have the same cells, same type of hearing system. That is an ingredient, among others, in a drug that's being tested in humans right now. In three months we will have more information in three 3 months after the observation period is over. I also realize that is not relevant for all T sufferers. Nonetheless, it sounds like you've at least taken control of your mind to live a happy productive life.

• Like Like x 2
    22. Lane

Lane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic Drug
      I'm in complete agreement with you on that one. I can't imagine ever being content with habituation. I feel I'm currently in the initial stages of learning to cope. This may perhaps lead to habituation, but I would consider it only a "pit stop" on the road to a full cure. Better coping and a good deal of habituation would be a big improvement over where I'm at now, but I can't see myself ever quitting striving for a full cure. -- I believe the odds are good I will eventually achieve it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    23. Garye
      Thinking

Garye Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ??
      I can relate somewhat to the "it is gone" feeling. For me almost 3 years with T. No acoustic trauma,hearing loss within normal parameters of a 60 years old.Woke up one morning 2015 to this awful high pitched electrical kind of noise in my right ear.Next day it was gone..I was so thankful! But the next day it was back again and over these past almost three years the pattern remains more or less the same.Approx.3 to 4 very loud days(very occasionally only 2 loud days and as long as 9 loud days,right now I'm into my 6th loud day. By loud I mean I can hear it over a jet engine taking off.And then,regardless of what I do and of it's own accord the noise starts to decay and virtually switch off. More often nowadays it switches off while I'm sleeping. And no matter what I do,or how positive I try to be etc.... it comes back. Last week I could not believe my luck ,5 out of 7 days undisturbed. It is as if I have my feet in both worlds...my old world without T...and the horrible noisy days. On the good days I remain hopeful ,especially when it lasts a couple of days or more,all my neck and shoulder muscles begin to spontaneously relax,and I become aware at how tight they were...and always hope the quiet will lock in...but alas eventually I am obliged control the feeling of despair with it's unwelcome return. My emotions have run the gamut ..from joy to suicidal!
      Wish us all more silence some day ! Cheers

• Like Like x 3
    24. Mike T

Mike T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dont Know Just Appeared
      Thank you for your post very positive. follow this path ignore any negative comments. my tinnitus has reduced from near suicidal to just an annoyance in 4 months. and I have had complete silence for hours at a time some days. for me it has its ups and downs really bad days to totally normal. but the fact that if completley relaxed i can hear nothing ( or the sound is there but is irrelivent, eg i can only just sense it with my fingers in my ears. dont do that as its stupid when you have peace ) it shows its more a psychological problem than a physical one.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    25. Davey126

Davey126 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Do people really plug their ears with fingers just to listen to their T? Isn’t that telling your brain it’s important? Yeah I wouldn’t do that either.

26. Adam 2.0

Adam 2.0 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe Sinus Pressure or Head/Neck/Face Muscular Tension
      Thank you for this post Little Wolf. It is very encouraging to hear about your experience. I have heard others describe this linear reduction of T over time. I agree with just about everything stated in the main video you posted. It was very helpful to hear it articulated so well by someone who was able to break the cycle of tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    27. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      July/August 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Ever thought that maybe you’re just lucky that your tinnitus got better? Tinnitus gets better for many without them doing anything and for many people tinnitus stays for the rest of their lives.

There are millions of people who could do exactly what the OP did and it wouldn’t change a thing about their tinnitus. Also, your individual experience doesn’t speak for everyone’s experience with tinnitus.

Glad to hear you got better but let’s not forget that there are millions of people with severe tinnitus and it’s not their fault. I bet they’ve tried things such as yoga or meditation or reducing stress. Unfortunately, that doesn’t work for everyone to reduce their tinnitus

You can motivate and inspire other people without looking down on people who continue to struggle.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    28. Emster

Emster Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How long did you have T?

29. Jazzer

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Demeaning nonsense.
      An ignorant assessement of what severe chronic unmaskable Tinnitus actually is.

While patting yourself on the back regarding your superior psychological approach, you might spare a thought for those of us suffering from ‘the real thing,’ and hope to god that you never get it.

The biggest enemies to raising Tinnitus awareness are those making inaccurate, belittling comments regarding a deadly serious condition which they prove, by their words, that they have no experience of, and know nothing about.

I myself was a casual, lightweight ‘hobby-craft’ Tinnitus person for twenty years.
      Absolutely no problem whatsoever.
      What I have to tell you is that volume/intensity is the crucial difference.
      Unlike you, I have lived both sides of the fence.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    30. Lane

Lane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic Drug
      You make a number of good points in your post @Jazzer. I might just say however, I'm not convinced @Mike T was saying tinnitus is psychological for everybody with tinnitus. He may have just been saying it's true for him. -- But even if he believes that's the case for him, I don't believe the word "psychological" is the best way to describe his own personal situation.

From what I can gather, some people with tinnitus--perhaps especially those whose T started from stress--do have a possibility to reverse or improve their affliction by learning how to relax and engage their parasympathetic nervous system. It seems pretty clear doing so will improve their overall physiology, and in particular, their blood circulation, and even possibly reduce inflammation. As I understand, improvement of circulation and/or lowering of inflammation is the modus operandi of some of those supplements like Ginko Biloba, turmeric, and others that have been shown to help some people.

To your point about Mike T's ignorant assessment, I would agree he used a poor choice of words. But I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt at this point. I'm going to interpret his comment as saying he believes calming our system can sometimes be a difference maker for some of us with tinnitus. It's just hard for me to imagine that anybody who's familiar with the huge number of known and unknown factors involved in tinntus would make a blanket statement for all of us.

All the Best!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1