It Wasn't the Earwax... So Now, Onto Part 2...

Discussion in 'Support' started by PotterBook, Feb 3, 2017.

1. PotterBook
      Stressed

PotterBook Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown/ Earwax?
      Went to the ENT yesterday and he saw the impacted earwax in my right ear. He was confident that removing it by microsuction would eliminate the T. I didn't.

Went for a hearing test and although it was determined that my hearing in my right ear is slightly less than my right, neither ear showed signs of concern.

The ENT saw nothing of concern on my forms. He, and the audiologist explained that this is something that happens, and we just have to learn to accept it, stop fearing it, stop being anxious about it, and let it be.

This, I guess, is my next step, but yet I have NO idea how to approach this. I suffer from GAD, and I refuse to take medications, so obsessing about things is sort of what makes me tick.

HOW do I move past constantly checking for the T, and actually learn to ignore it? You can't ignore something by trying to "think about something else".

No matter what I do, I hear it.. and my brain knows it's there... What do I do? How do I move forward fro this before I drive myself insane?

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Seeing audiology might help and wearing white noise generators and counselling might help you..lots of love glynis