Itchiness Precursor to Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by stevec, May 29, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. stevec

stevec Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly due to ear infection
      Hi fellow sufferers.

I hear a high pitched sound in my left ear, which the closest thing I can compare it to is a tea kettle whistle going off a room or two away. It started in Feb 2015 and has been getting progressively louder. I have been wondering what the cause could be. I haven't been exposed to any loud sounds or music, but I had a really bad cold last year and remember feeling a sort of back-pressure into my left ear when I blew my nose. I didn't notice it immediately after that, but did a short time later. One thing I've also wondered about is that I would often times over the years prior to this feel an itchiness in my ear. Sometimes I would wake up thinking something had crawled into it, but that was never the case as far as I know. Ear exams have never turned up anything unordinary, not even wax buildup. Anyway, I was curious if any other folks with tinnitus also experienced some sort of itchy sensation. I wonder if some fungus from like athletes foot could have been transferred to my ear. Sorry for gross topic, but I'm going to fall into despair if it gets any louder :(