It's Been Six Weeks and I Think I'm Doomed

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ring Ding, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Ring Ding

Ring Ding Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Went to a rock show about six weeks ago and my tinnitus has been off the charts ever since.

I've had tinnitus since I was a child and I was able to forget about it completely...until now.

Since the show my ears are in pain, I started out with a muffled feeling and they were quite sore.
      Somehow my ears would start to feel muffled and closed and sometimes I could hear way less out of either ear and now it has developed into sound sensitivity as well. Pots and pans, dishes, keys, anything metal or glass hitting itno each other causes pain. My ears feel like they are sick or unwell still six weeks later and my onece liveable tinnitus has turned into something worse. It gets louder sometimes and sometimes it's quiet and it now spikes with alcohol consumption. I can't pop my ears, all my muscles in my head and neck are very tense and my ears constantly have this ache like something on the inside is being stretched or something. I fear that after six weeks of all this crazy stuff going on there will be no returning to my T baseline which I was quite happy to deal with for the rest of my life. So I feel like there is something more than just hearing damage as I can somehow still hear well enough to pass a hearing test. But I am at a loss as to what is going on. My eardrums looked good but I know little else that is going on.

I should also point out I have mercury poisoning and that when this occurred my body was already in a somewhat weakened state which I'm sure did not help matters at all.

I'm very depressed now. Mostly because I think about my children and how it's so much harder now for me to enjoy being with them. Or enjoy anything really. I just want to go back to my old T !

2. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      You passed a hearing test after the concert? If so then it should be okay.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      So everything you can to stay calm.
      You might get on better with white noise generators with having tinnitus and hyperacusis so see if you can see ENT or audiology.
      Life might seem like your at your lowest but it will get better over time.
      Lots of love glynis

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ring Ding

Ring Ding Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes, I am still stunned. I went into that booth and all you can hear is the tinnitus consume everything. My ears were in so much pain and the t was so loud and on top of that one of my ears was really feeling blocked ( I could tell because even with headphones on at very low volume no sound could be heard through that ear). Somehow the doctor said I passed with no problems ! I really did not see how that was possible. I guess A small reason to have hope.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ring Ding

Ring Ding Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I went to an ENT and he seemed to just blow me off after I told him what had happened. I really wonder if there is still a chance for things to improve ? I've had tinnitus forever and it never increased in volume or anything like that. It was always the same and there were never triggers to make it get worse. I wonder what is going on in there ? Even if this level of tinnitus went in half I could funcntion pretty well. It seems to get very amped up at times now and has become just as loud most of the time as everything else.

6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It could settle down again.
      Do you have hayfever or sinus or problems?....?lots of love glynis

7. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hearing tests don't mean shit for tinnitus. I hope things settle down for you.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Ears Hurt

Ears Hurt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Whiplash or Buzzer (abuse from ex)
      The medical community is useless when it comes to tinnitus. They don't know what causes it, how to repair it, and have to even manage it for their patients. They just say you need to live with it and there is no cure.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ring Ding

Ring Ding Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No never had any of those types of problems. I have to say it still feels really strange inside my ears so perhaps things are still healing ? I do feel like I am having some hyperacusis but it already seems a little better than last week. I went for a chiro session and something he did greatly eased some of the pain in one of my ears. Any time I would hear a bad noise my ear would just become very painful and close up. That at least has eased up this week. I have had a few OK T days but not that many.That has me greatly concerned. What is the longest anyone has had to deal with a spike like this ?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ring Ding

Ring Ding Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown

The medical community has been a big let down for me on many fronts. I have mercury poisoning and I had to diagnose that myself ! I have a feeling it's partly to blame for what is happening.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ring Ding

Ring Ding Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks so much. I hope so too. I could live easily with it before, I just hope I can get back to that place again somehow. Hope you do better too =)

12. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Sorry about the struggle with your new level of tinnitus. There are many causes which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including drug reaction or side-effects, ear or Eustachian tube infection, ear drum injury, fluid build-up feeling pressured, TMJ, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma, neck muscle problems, hearing loss, Meniere's, barotrauma from flight, grief for the loss of love ones, untreated sleep apnea, elevated stress, anxiety & panic disorder, etc.

From your description, most likely you have acoustic trauma from the rock concert. Members here often recommend getting prednisone treatment asap for a new acoustic trauma. You may want to contact your doctor or ENT to get that treatment if you haven't yet. Also you seem to have the symptoms of hyperacusis. How I know? I had a severe case of it soon after my ultra high pitch T started. All normal sounds such as dish washing, driving, TV, social conversations etc. all appeared too loud and piercingly hurtful. I had to wear earplugs to protect but the plugs blocked outside masking sounds, making my dog whistle T so unbearably dominant. T was scary & but H was very hard to live with as it limits you want you can do or where you can go. I ended up staying home a lot and totally withdrew from outside world. It as a tough time but luckly, like many members whose H came from T, the H slowly faded over time. Today I live a normal and absolutely enjoyable life.

Try to stay positive and calm as much as you humanly can. Negative emotions can only build more stress and anxiety which T feeds on and can appear much worse. Give it some time. Read up the success stories so you can feel hopeful and less fearful of the future. Try masking to help if you haven't so. Take care & God bless.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ring Ding

Ring Ding Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      it's been six weeks , I just read that prednisone needs to be done right away. Should I still try it if I can get it ?

14. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      How did you get poisoned with mercury if I may ask ?
      Steroids won't do much past 2 -3 weeks

The best thing you can do now and for the next 6 months is to really protect your ears and give them time to heal - wear earmuffs or plugs whenever there may be sounds above 60db

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ring Ding

Ring Ding Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I guess multiple sources, dental amalgams, lots of broken cfl bulbs and vaccinations. The thing that set me off was a tetanus shot.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ring Ding

Ring Ding Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've had the tinnitus for over 30 years prior to this injury. Which is the first time I have ever had any issues with my ears ever. Did you Tinnitus improve at all when you H healed ? Also did your ears feel funny the whole time you had the H. Mine feel like they are tight or being pulled or stretched from the inside. Also when a bad sound hit your ears did they feel like they closed up ? I threw a screw in a tin can and right after my ear felt very blocked off. I'm also getting water trapped in my ears now. which is something that never happened to me before either. What could have caused that to start happening ?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to figure out what is going on.

17. rose rose

rose rose Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dont know
      Hi Ring ding, where do you live?

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ring Ding

Ring Ding Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Jersey

19. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I won't say my T improved after H healed. It has stayed about the same or a bit worse but my reaction to T has improved over time, making the T much more bearable. The ultra high pitch T was hard for my brain at first, but over time and with repetition plus using some strategies, I manage to convince my brain to treat T not as a threat but a nuisance. Yesterday I was fishing along the rapids of a salmon river and I could hear my T above the rapids. Go figure. But these days I don't react to my T high or low. Back then, my H made all sounds glassy in quality, like they are brittle and so each sound appears piercing for my senses. I simply had to plug the ears for most sounds. But that made T so harsh to hear without any outside masking sounds. I think it is best you post your symptoms of the H to the Hyperacusis forum so there is a larger audience with similar problems to give you their experiences with H. Take care. God bless your recovery.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    20. rose rose

rose rose Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dont know
      I live in New York... Where about in New Jersey?

21. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ring Ding

Ring Ding Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well I got prescribed some steroids today. Guess we'll see what happens.

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ring Ding

Ring Ding Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Middlesex county.

23. rose rose

rose rose Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dont know
      oh that's not far at all from me...

24. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      The standard hearing tests offer nothing in terms of quality of hearing.

25. Laurie1961
      No Mood

Laurie1961 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dental work
      I am absolutely positive it is mercury causing tinnitus. All the bizarre symptoms I've had--probably an extreme case but I know exactly how come so many all of a sudden got T. Another thing--it is related to why so many people were diagnosed with gluten sensitivity-it is why so may people all of a sudden got arcus senilla, bad vision, astigmatism, tunnel vision and dry eye. We have been overloaded with mercury during our lives but suddenly several things happened all at once. What happened put us into high frequency areas and HF affects the mercury in our bodies. For instance laptop lights, new fluorescent bulb, some LED's, some power supplies, wifi, smart meters the new digital broadcast after the 2009 transition and then sale and use of the old analog spectrum for high frequency cell phones. Also the new emergency broadcast frequency.

Here is what happens. You have mercury in your body and it becomes electrified from high, very high and ultra high frequency. Also, medical radiation, leaking microwave ovens and xrays do the same. Dispersed the mercury that usually collects in the jaw hands and feet, forms small antenna in at least the circulatory system. Mercury is sensitive and affected by electromagnetic fields. Thanks goes out to dentists, doctors and government imposed vaccines with perfectly safe mercury. Don't smoke. You want parkinson's and alkhiemer's that will follow the untreated mercury caused tinnitus. (smoking increases neurotransmitters that mercury kills off that leads to those diseases)

Mercury settles in the jaw according to German medicine. That is unless constantly microwaved. Then it breaks apart unnaturally and recirculates about the body--It is especially fond of the saliva glands and blood vessels near your jaw bone so it gets close and into your ears. If you have fillings, high frequency erodes them too so as the 50% metal from the amalgam deteriorates, leaving the 50% part mercury of the amalgam to leach out into the gums, for a mega dose of heavy metal, nice and right up close to the brain. Brain fog, memory loss, Anxiety etc. dementia.... The recirculating mercury and metals cling to blood iron or copper, silver or gold--forms little tiny rods--the exact size to pick up certain high or low frequency. 60Hz normal house electrical, plus 1-2 GHz wifi, 5 GHz Emergency broadcast, 700 MHz, etc.

If you have had vaccines you will also have mercury in your feet and and fingers due to gravity. (If you have an overdose, dip your entire hand in a weak solution of chlorine and water--the same strength used for cleaning. If you get a like a dipped in pink paint line several inches below this and itching--but not in the entire area of the hand that was exposed to bleach--a pinkness that looks like gravity caused in shape, it is just mercury chloride reaction. Same goes for the feet but harder to notice since the toes don't dangle like the digits) Mercury has long been known to cause pink feet and hands. It also known to cause anxiety. This is why HCl reduces anxiety symptoms in some cases.

Here's another oddity about T that is not a mystery any longer. When you leave one area like to go on vacation, you might notice T goes away temporarily. Mercury laced blood vessels were resonating to the frequency where you were. When you move to a different spectrum, eventually the mercury spikes stop picking up signal you were used to. There's less resonating past the ear drum and the slight (or not so slight) electrical charge of the mercury in your system and body acid sometimes stops. However, in the new area mercury in blood vessels and bones, subjected to a new frequency and emf's eventually reform little antennas in the vessels capable of receiving HF. (Removing oneself from an area of HF is sort of the same as getting an MRI. The charge goes away. Being under a bunch of power lines has the same effect because high power lines draw electro magnetic field off objects below. So in the new area the tinnitus will eventually start in all over again--it can take a day or two. Some blame smart meters. It is them too but more importantly it is the mercury inside the body affected by them. If there were no mercury inside the body, the frequency would mostly pass through unnoticed.

All the time the tinnitus is present, is a sign that there is mercury moving around the body--and when it is active it can give a bunch of other symptoms--just like the mad hatters developed and today like autistic children and many schitzophrenics experience.
      Weak chlorine and sulfur baths can effect mercury levels. Shielding can block emf --so that mercury is no longer excited but it is not the answer. Detox can help but detox can make things worse. Selenium (a mineral supplement) will help reduce some of the effects of mercury. In fact it is a sure fire test. Activated charcoal. Vitamins B, C, D, E and Iodien help. Cilantra is good. Swimming in chlorinated pools might be helpful. Magnesium sulfate baths (epsom salt) should help. Doctors will not test for mercury. Changing their position to make them test for mercury would help--but apparently not beneficial to them unless you are wealthy. Research. Wear gold or copper because mercury has an affinity for it. Incidently--the likely reason copper pennies were rubbed on warts and successfully rid some children of warts is because copper pulls mercury and mercury can form warts. Another thing--that helps alleviate T if you also have the high saliva symptom, (body trying to rid you of a toxic mercury) is to spit--even make yourself spit---and try never to swallow the excess because it is high in mercury. You might be able to get your saliva tested for mercury by the EPA if you spit in the right body of water. (the pond at the country club?)

There's something else that I just found out. Gluten and mercury bind to one another. Gluten supposedly can go through the blood brain barrier-and if it is attached to mercury, the mercury causes the symptoms of brain fog or worse. This can be found in some medical journals. So, instead of helping us detox from mercury the blame is wheat. We blame smart meters. Radios. Computers and Wifi...military service, fish consumption etc...but what it is, a completely denied overload of Mercury in the bodies of anyone ever vaccinated combined with the changes in frequency in the airwaves. Tinnitus is not a delusion. It is a result of mercury and so is the crazy that goes with it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    26. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I was eating fish for a few weeks. Should I be concerned about mercury? I have no brain fog. Would it be enough to cause tinnitus increases?