It's Loud Again... Need Help.

Discussion in 'Support' started by Petloy, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Hi everyone,

I haven't been here awhile, I'm Peter, had T since August 1, 2012. My T is loud in both ears, but for the most part I got used to it. 3 days ago while watching TV my left ear suddenly develop a louder tone, and it stuck since then, I used to have episodes where the ringing would get loud while sleeping, but I just would sleep through it.

It's 2:26 a.m., I have to get up because I can't sleep because of the volume (left ear), it's like a kettle whistling inside my brain. Anyone here whose T just got loud again, how do we "re-habituate"?

I know I have to get used to this again, no pills for me (for now). Just looking for support.

Peter

2. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Im here Peter..

Im sorry this has happened to you..

Ive had t since 2013..

I think ive experienced a recent volume increase since taking medication. Im in the same boat.

It could still be a spike..

Do what you can to calm your cns down..

Get some masking happening..

Maybe consider audionotch...

Talk to me when you need to ..

Ive been lurking a bit lately x

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Hi Debbie,

I usually know my triggers, Loud Noise, Medications and Food (MSG), I've gone through all of them and it usually goes down after a day or two. I took lorazepam 0.5 mg on thursday, Cyclobenzaprine 0.5 mg on friday and saturday, but last night I decided not to, so here I am, ringing like crazy.

I sure hope it's just a spike. Has your volume come back to baseline yet? If yes, how long?

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Peter,
      It sounds like something has caused a spike but I am sure it will settle back down to your normal base sound over the next few days.

Try not get stressed as tinnitus will be more noticeable for you.....lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hi...

Have you watched any of julian cowan hills youtube videos on tinnitus...he has made one specifically for spikes...

Sometimes its hard to tell if my t is louder or im just more bothered by it...

I was taking an antibiotic and i noticed my t seemed more bothersome. Its still bugging me after a few days of stopping the drug but i think it has improved.

My spikes generally last an hour or so..

Im still not sure about triggers...its a little inconsistent..

What does help me is white noise .. as i get to experience residual inhibition from this temporarily..

Ive refused to take any benzos/drugs because of my concerns about WD.

How are you feeling now?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Petloy
      Happy

Petloy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      @DebInAustralia

Still ringing loudly, I'm reading my modules online (studying for Renal Nursing), This afternoon I took a nap and it went ballistic, so i kept busy, watch TV, went swimming, it lowered a little...now after sleeping for 3 1/2 hours it's loud again, it seems SLEEP is triggering mine???

BTW, thanks @glynis !!

7. Inge
      Cool

Inge Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      benzodiazepine withdrawal
      My audiologist said light sleep makes T worse. Avoid short naps during the day and get long rem sleep at night.

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    8. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Had T since '74.
      I read about a fix here on the forum.
      For starters you must stop describing and listening for the T.
      My T is bad and will never go away but I don't hear it. After a few weeks I was feeling better about it and now after a year of doing this 'method' I only respond to my T once maybe twice a week. It's hard at first, to break the bad habit of listening for T. I believe many of us say we listen TO it but we actually listen FOR it. You can bust this habit and create the new habit of responding to your FEELING about T and as the feelings change over time, so does the perception of T. Try it...
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

• Like Like x 1