It's Nearly Killing Me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Aish, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Aish

Aish Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm suffering from tinnitus since Oct '16. Fed up with these sounds hissing around my head. Oh God..Why me.....Are there any remedies?Any one here who got cured from this?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk Aish.
      The doctor put me on a low dose of Nortryptaline and my head tinnitus went and my low drone sound and took the edge off my high pitch tinnitus.
      Might be worth asking your doctor about it but it might not help everyone.

Keep posting for support as we are here around the clock when need us...lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. There are positive success stories of people who have got better and you can read them up in the Knowledge Base section on this Tinnitus Talk site. Many people report that they habituate to their tinnitus after some time and after following some good strategies or advice. Some even report their T gone or faded, or at least dropped to a much more tolerable level. So go read up the success stories as many as you can to give yourself some hope. This can help to lower your stress and anxiety level. High stress and anxiety can cause or aggravate T. You can also try to read up the Treatments and Alternate Treatments to see how people can be helped with these.

When tinnitus is new or at a new irritating level, and the ringing is causing much anxiety and panic, it is advisable to get masking going ASAP so you won’t be so anxious and fearful. Stress and anxiety are toxic to T. So try masking if you haven’t done so. When my T was new, I used to mask all day just to prevent panic attacks from hearing my ultra high pitch loud dog whistle T. Try these if you haven't yet. Take good care. God bless.

1) Mask at bed time so you can sleep better. Find whatever sounds/music that are soothing to you. You can use a sound machine or sound pillow for this, or a computer with speakers.

2) If you need masking on the go, try load an ipod with nature sounds or music using itune. If you have a smart phone, you can download free APPs for soothing or T-masking sounds.

3) If you have computer and speakers, you can try these excellent masking sounds too:

TT's audio player: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/audioplayer/

or this online sound library, particularly the self-mix nature sounds: https://mynoise.net

or download free sound generator ‘aire freshener’: http://www.peterhirschberg.com/mysoftware.html

or search youtube with words like 'tinnitus masking sounds', 'white noise', 'rain sound' etc.

• Useful Useful x 1