I've Become a Mess...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by andy92, Jul 6, 2019.

1. andy92

andy92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Supposedly earwax...
      Hi everyone,

I should start by saying that I have tried to avoid posting in this forum ever since I developed tinnitus. I had this fear that if I posted something all the horror stories I have read would materialise. But I'm at my wits' end an genuinely feel like I have become an absolute mess. Apologies in advance for the long winded story but I have to get it off my chest.

I developed tinnitus in mid March of 2019. One night I went to bed and could hear an intense low droning ringing in my right ear - I thought nothing of it and went to sleep. But the sound became more and more invasive and gradually took over my head. It morphed into a high pitched electrical hiss which increased in volume. A week went by, I spoke to a doctor who reassured me this was labyrinthitis and that everything would pass... it didn't. I had booked a holiday for the next week for five days in Europe to see some family. The holiday was a disaster, the weather was appalling and the ringing in my ears became more and more intense. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't focus and I started to resort to a couple of glasses of wine to nod off each evening (not good for me see below).

When I got back to the UK, I tried to see another GP (I travel every week for work and travel back home on the weekends). Trying to make an emergency appointment away from my local practise was a nightmare, but I eventually found a nice nurse who offered to see me. She looked in my left ear and said: "You have so much compacted wax I can't see your ear drum.' I was offered two choices: persist with olive oil/ear drops for up to six weeks or have it micro-suctioned immediately. Obviously in a bid to stop the ringing as soon as possible I opted for the latter.

At the private clinic I went to the lady performing the micro-suction had a hell of a time getting it out. After about 15 mins and copious amounts of spraying liquid in my ear, she managed to do it. I left the clinic with excitement praying this would be the end of tinnitus, and after a few days sure enough it did settle down. For the first time in weeks I fell asleep without any alcohol.

The following week, I settled into bed and was about to drift off when I remembered I had an important client event the next day. This triggered a panic attack which led to the tinnitus flaring. Like a rocket, the high-pitched electrical buzzing/hissing filled my head so intensely I could hear it above the extremely loud AC system next to my bed which was set to the highest level. Needless to say, I got exactly 40 mins sleep that night and had to drag myself through the next day at work.

When I returned home the following evening (after a 6hr train journey), I was an absolute mess. My family were in shock. I could barely speak, I couldn't sleep, I didn't want to eat etc. I went the next day to see my local GP, she was fairly unsympathetic but referred me to a local tinnitus clinic in three months time. For the first time in my career I took a week off work. It was one of the most horrific weeks in my life. Nothing I did could stop the tinnitus. I spent night after night tossing and turning unable to drift off. The days and nights merged into one. I could hear the electric hissing over anything: walks in the park became painful, the TV irritated my tinnitus so much I could no longer watch it, I couldn't find any sounds on tinnitus apps to drown out the sound. It was as if everything I did, the tinnitus adjusted itself to be just over the background sound.

But worst of all was the anxiety. I had this constant sensation of my heart being forced through the top of my chest. Nothing I did would relax me. I was prescribed propranolol and zopiclone. The zopiclone couldn't send me to sleep but the propranolol did help lower my blood pressure and stop some of the profuse sweating. I didn't feel like I could do anything, making a coffee became a chore, eating became a chore, evening standing up became a chore. What was worse was that the following week I had booked a trip of a lifetime to India to complete the Golden Triangle with a dear friend of mine? What should I do? Until the last day I was convinced I would have to cancel everything. I could barely leave the house let alone face the prospect of going on holiday.

I forced myself to go to the airport. It was the right decision, in the chaos and craziness that is India, my anxiety slowly drifted away. I began to relax and soon all I needed was a couple of glasses of wine a night to take the edge off the tinnitus. By the end of the holiday I began to feel normal and when I got back home the first night I slept like a baby with no drugs or alcohol.

Over the next few weeks I settled into a routine. I still had a couple of glasses of wine a night, but that was enough to get some good sleep. The tinnitus began to fade again and I realised I really had to check for it sometimes during the day to make sure it was actually there. When the appointment for the tinnitus clinic finally came around in June, I was actually feeling allot better. The (again rather unsympathetic) audiologist said he would refer me for the CBT and sent me on my way.

Around the same time as coming back from India I had noticed that I had developed neuropathy. I had this once before due to a virus. My foot constantly tingles and I also began to have pins and needles down my left side (face, arms, feet). My GP referred me for MRI which I had last week.

Over the past few weeks, I have had a fairly stressful time at work with some ridiculous deadlines and 11pm finishes. To get to sleep, my alcohol intake of a night has slowly increased. The two glasses have morphed into a bottle, and one night this week, I had another beer to top it off. This is very very dangerous for me.

From a small infant I have always fought sleep. As a child I didn't sleep; at sleepovers I was the kid staring at the ceiling whilst all the other kids had fallen into a slumber hours before. At uni, I found weed which became my magic sleeping pill. Despite this, I had never gone an entire night without any sleep until my finals. In my final uni exams, for the first time in my life I went an entire evening without sleep (and with the panic attack symptoms I described above earlier). Ever since that night I have had bouts of insomnia where I have gone several days with no sleep and severe anxiety. When I started work I started to use alcohol as my sleeping tablet, it got rid of the anxiety and allowed me to dip into a beautiful sleep. I used it on and off for years but when my father developed cancer it became a regular habit. To cope with looking after him everyday once I had got him off to sleep at about 1am I would sneak upstairs and down some cans of beer or a bottle of wine. I did this every night for 2 years whist he was ill. It was the only way I could wash him, feed him, care for him, give him his medication and stay positive - whilst holding down a fulltime job at a big multinational. When he passed away last year it had taken its toll on my body, I had aged allot, I had gained an incredible amount of weight and my teeth had cavities.

I made a promise to stop drinking and to exercise and sure enough I did it! In January 2019 I stopped drinking, I exercised nearly every day and I began to eat healthily. I studied an insomnia guide and within a month or so I was sleeping well for the first time in years with no assistance. I felt incredible and everyone commented on how well I looked. I was alert during the day, I was back to my usual cheery self and I could wear clothes which had been consigned to the back of my wardrobe for years.

Then came the tinnitus... I feel like I am back to square one. The last few days I have been drinking a bottle a night, my neuropathy has been flaring up. I feel like I can't cope. I can't do anything to stop the sound. The fan next to my bed irritates the tinnitus as if it is reacting to the noise so that I hear a piercing high-pitched hissing sound over the fan. White/pink/brown noise apps don't work nor does listening to a podcast or the radio. My anxiety is creeping back and this morning the world felt like it was too much again. My heart was racing and blood pressure was through the roof. All I want is to sleep normally again. Without sleep, my tinnitus certainly gets worse but I can't sleep without the alcohol. The alcohol is ruining my daytime (and I suspect my insides) as I am lethargic and feel like I don't want to do anything. It's all one vicious cycle. I can't stop the nighttime drinking or I wont sleep and my tinnitus becomes even louder, but the alcohol also means I am becoming more dependent and feeling the side effects. The NHS has been useless, I have been told my appointment for CBT 'could be at some point in the future but we are very busy'.

My family don't understand, none of them suffer with insomnia or tinnitus. They can see physically when I am anxious but they don't know how to help. I don't feel like I can go on like this but I don't know what to do. I have to work, I have a small brother and will soon have a mortgage - there is no backup plan now my dad has passed away.

At the same time I feel like a massive failure. Other people can sleep so easily with tinnitus and I'm not dying! I feel like I need to just get on with it but I don't know how. I am an absolute mess and I am embarrassed to say that this is the worst thing that has ever happened to me in my life (even after losing my dad who was the most special person in my life).

I'm hoping that some kind soul can help me.

• Hug Hug x 9
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Nanny chocolate

Nanny chocolate Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unbelievable caused by audiologist!
      Hello Andy, you have my sympathy for everything you have gone through.

I would suggest that you make an urgent appointment with your regular GP. Most of them are not au fait with tinnitus but can make referrals. Drinking yourself to sleep? well alcohol can be a depressant and might be affecting you in this way.

I found an N.H.S tinnitus therapist to be helpful, she was NOT an audiologist solely, tinnitus was her remit.

Can you afford some private Counselling sessions? Not CBT at this point, you need someone to listen to you just now.

The good news! Messes can be cleared up but it would be good to have someone to help you.
      Eve x

@andy92

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. Lane

Lane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic Drug
      Here's a couple of kind souls on this forum: @billie48 @fishbone

Hi @andy92 -- Thanks for sharing your story, which I found quite compelling. Of course, all of us on this forum have different experiences, but I found myself in a somewhat similar situation as you, where I too had great difficulty getting sleep, especially in the first weeks after initial onset (Feb. 2018). The first thing that helped my sleep considerably was Tylenol 4 (by prescription). It has codeine in it, and taking only a 1/4 tablet of it allowed me to sleep for several hours that first night. So codeine--used very judicioulsy and in small amounts--might be helpful for you.

What helped me even more than the codeine was discovering what a major impact mHBOT could have on my sleep (starting the very first night). I wrote about some of this in THIS POST, in case you might want to check it out. I also use other things, including some energetic balancing and spiritual techniques I wrote about in THIS POST. -- Andy, I understand my own orientations are not those of most people, but I share them with the idea that you "may" find them to be worth considering. -- I sincerely hope you can find something that works really well for you, and that you can break out of your current cycle of despair. -- I think you can do it!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
      • Like Like x 2
    4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I read your words, it brings back lots of memories for me and I understand your pain to the max! Sleep was always my Foe in life as well. I never had a good sleeping pattern and sleep was just a fantasy to me. I have pulled all nighters due to no sleep and I have had 2-3 days of no sleep as well. It was pure hell for me and the ringing was just even more HELLISH (since I have intrusive tinnitus).

I wan to share some things/adjustments that I made to help myself out. It took me decades to figure it out, but because i was hell bent on solving my problem, I figured a few things out.

1. Your sleeping environment makes a HUGE difference. If your place of sleep is messy, cluttered and annoying then your sleep could be affected.
      2. Your bed makes a difference. I slept on a horrible bed and it kept me awake.
      3.I was testing to see if I slept better with the lights on or off. I did this for a long time to finally find what works for me.
      4.My mind was not full when I went to bed. If our minds are full and we are constantly thinking then it can be very hard to sleep.
      5.Adding a routine or exercise can really help the mind mellow out and not think and obsess over thoughts. I'd try to go to sleep and I was always thinking. What do i have planned tomorrow, next week, 6 months, next year. That constant thinking will annoy the sleeping pattern.

I understand that your tinnitus bothers you and has changed your life. It did for me as well. It took me close to 2 years to get a grip on what was really going on.

I was able to get by because I wanted answers about what was happening. Support + distraction/exercise(safe one for your ears).....this really got me through. After I made all the adjustments 1-5 and started exercising at least 3-5 days a week, then my mind became less heavy and I was able to sleep well.

I was so bad that i was addicted to sleeping pills for almost 3+ years. Now, I sleep well and maybe took a melatonin 3 times in the past 2 years....hang in there buddy...I am rooting for you!

• Like Like x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    5. Lane

Lane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic Drug
      @andy92 -- For anxiety, you may want to check out the thread linked below. Also, that feeling you have of your heart being forced through the top of your chest could be a result of your vagus nerve being in hyperactive mode. This would be understandable, since there's an "auricular branch of the vagus nerve" that goes through the ears. So the ears are in a sense in constant communication with the heart. There are ways to stimulate (and calm) the vagus nerve. -- I would highly recommend you try melatonin for help with your sleep. I take 3 mg/night, and is very helpful.

Three Supplements to Treat Severe Anxiety Symptoms

• Informative Informative x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      andy92

andy92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Supposedly earwax...
      Thank you all for your kind words and tips. Last night was particularly horrible. I went to see a friend of mine performing at an outdoor concert but the noise was too much for my ears to handle and the Tinnitus became very bad. I didn't sleep until 5 am and woke this morning at 10am feeling very depressed and anxious.

I will take all your points on board. I really want to beat this. I have overcome allot in the past few years and this is the worst thing so far. But God willing I will get through this.

• Like Like x 1
    7. GSC
      Owned

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      Oof. Do not go to concerts again of any kind since you're an early into onset person. Hopefully, this spike goes down. But don't risk it, talk to your friend and give them the support from your home, safe from damaging noise exposure. Take some NAC and high doses of magnesium after exposures you consider fresh traumas.

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. Mathieulh
      Caffeine

Mathieulh Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/24/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Chronic headphones use and acute noise induced trauma.
      1. Stop the alcohol NOW (and for the foreseeable future), it will not do you any good.

2. Avoid any AD medications or sleeping pills as much as you can, those can be devastating long term and (as hard as it may seem for you to believe) may make your tinnitus seem insignificant in comparison.

3. Most people habituate, this however does not happen overnight, it takes months (8 to 12 months on average) because this requires a change in your brain chemistry (your brain physiologically adapts to the constant noise), this also only starts when the brain stops identifying the noise as a threat, which makes your state of mind paramount to this process, it also plays an essential role in the ability to come, experience a normal life and act as a functioning individual. Not everyone can habituate however (though a very significant majority do).

4. While there is no cure now, there are working palliative care solutions that can alleviate tinnitus symptoms, such as CBT and Neuromod's Lenire (which uses neuromodulation to make lower the intensity of the tinnitus perception), possible cures such as FX-322 are also currently under research and going through clinical trials, which means they are roughly 10 to 15 years away from being wildly available, current outcomes on these are rather promising, this means you likely won't have to live the rest of your life with this condition, assuming you can be patient and you are young enough to be alive 10 to 15 years from now.

5. Protect your ears and avoid loud noise exposure, you have tinnitus because your inner ear nerve cells are damaged, this means they are more prone to further damage than healthy ears are, the more damaged they get, the more tinnitus sounds/spikes you will get and the louder those will be perceived, this also prevents your ear from healing, it turns out while cell death is irreversible, cell damage is not, therefore and up to 2 years after the initial onset, your ears have a chance of spontaneous recovery (although they will still have some form of irreversible damage, but the recovery may be enough to get your tinnitus to a mild or almost inaudible level), for instance mine took 23 days from initial onset to go from severe 65 dB ish tinnitus to mild (with currently very frequent spikes to moderate), keeping yourself exposed to loud noises within the months of your trauma will likely delay, if not prevent recovery, it may even likely further damage your ears as damaged cells are more likely to die from noise exposure. Ears take a very long time to heal, I would avoid being exposed to anything louder than 70db for the first 4 months after the trauma.

6. Find routines you like doing and stick to those, try to get as much sleep as you can, as this is golden and tinnitus makes it harder to get proper rest.

7. Acceptance is part of the healing process, accept that you have this condition and are likely to live with it in the foreseeable future, if it eventually gets better it's a nice bonus, otherwise you'll have to make due, your life isn't over because you constantly have an annoying noise in your head, it is over when and if you decide it is over, if you let the noise dictate your condition, it wins and you won't, instead remain the master of your own life and destiny and accept the fact that the noise is an annoyance and act accordingly, you will then find that something incredibly debilitating that would inhibit your focus so much that it strips you from everything suddenly becomes manageable. That's not to say that it won't impact you in a significant fashion, but it won't nearly have as much of an impact as soon as you start going back to your life, this is the first and hardest step to recovery.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2019
      • Like Like x 3
    9. JohnAdams
      Starving

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      it started.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss
      No, don't feel that way. Tinnitus is hell on wheels. Nobody should be having to deal with this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      andy92

andy92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Supposedly earwax...
      Thank you so much guys. What can I say!? I take all of your advice on.

@fishbone how on earth did you get through all of that? You sounds like you went through hell .

@Mathieulh the alcohol is the only thing keeping me going of a night. But I know it's bad and I can tell I am slowly needing more and more every night to sleep. I don't sleep during the day. I am stuck in this stupid loop where if I don't sleep my tinnitus is super loud but if I drink I feel crap and hate myself for doing it.

@GSC I know I shouldn't have gone but I assumed that because the concert was outside I could move away from the noise a bit. Yes that was stupid. But I also want to see my friends and do things I used to enjoy. Today has been a nightmare but my little brother is awesome and has given me so much support to get through it.

Has anyone else found that their tinnitus reacts to background/ white noise? My t seems to be set off by a fan or AC system or even the TV/ radio sometimes. It seems to increase in volume and morph into this horrible pricing electronic buzz above the sound of the background noise. It means I cannot mask the sound and this what I find so depressing. If only the sound of my fan would mask the sound and I could get through this. It just seems so 'reactive' it's bizzare and depressing.

I am going to try and organise some counselling and also try some of the suggested relaxation techniques in Dr Laurence Mckinner's book (I think that's his name)... God willing it will help. I just need to persevere with it.

It's just so difficult to relax or try this techniques when you have this bloody horrible noise 24/7.

Thanks again guys I appreciate all your tips. Means allot to me

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    11. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      I used a white noise machine for years. At first and for a while, it did make my T worse but once I adapted (more like once my brain adapted) it was invaluable for me to getting a good nights sleep.

Now, I just take full spectrum CBD tincture oil before bed to relax me. It doesn't give me any hangover effect it's much safer than drinking every night.

• Like Like x 1
    12. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      It's been a tough ride bro. Still is, but I'm still moving forward and doing my best. Sleep issues are one of the worst things and I remember too well, the hell it is to face em.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      andy92

andy92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Supposedly earwax...
      It has been a really weird day. For the last few weeks I haven't noticed my tinnitus during the day. Today was different, my head has been full of what I can only describe as weird electronic pulses which seem to pierce through my left ear... Bizarre and really annoying. It's like I can hear electricity in my head.

If you have ever heard the electric surge when you turn on a TV or PC, this is exactly what my left ear sounds like... And it's constant but random. It doesn't follow my pulse or a regular beat but occurs every 3 seconds or so.

This is in addition to my normal tinnitus sounds.

I have tried breathing exercises for the last couple of days per Dr McKenna's book but to be honest it's very difficult to imagine a 'calm' place and focus on your breath when you have these weird noises constant pulsating through your head...

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    14. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. My fellow forum members have already given you very good advice. So I just wish to share with you my experience and my success story of overcoming my ultra high pitched tinnitus and severe hyperacusis. In my story, I stress the need for focusing on positivity. Living with tinnitus, it is important to seek out any positive moments. Your above paragraph should give you some positive sign that you already have some moments you can't notice your T. Your description of your vacation trip to India also illustrate the point of positivity. You were struggling mightily before the trip but you persisted and went. Then with all the distractions, you seemed to have less problem with your intrusive tinnitus. This gives you another clue that you can, through some strategies, manage to make T less or an issue in life. Having good strategies and giving your body enough time will help you get there. So I just wish to share with you my success story and you will see how these can help, even for me with both conditions of ultra high pitched tinnitus and severe hyperacusis, plus with prior conditions of anxiety and panic disorder & PTSD. So hopefully you can read up some success stories to give you hope that you will be just fine in time. Take good care. God bless.

my success story:
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

• Like Like x 3
    15. UKBloke

UKBloke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      I would second that point, @billie48

@andy92 , the are some positives already there in your post, they're just a hiding a little bit at this juncture.

• Like Like x 1
    16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      andy92

andy92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Supposedly earwax...
      Today has been a nightmare, my tinnitus has been through the roof. I have barely noticed my tinnitus in the office past few weeks but today it seemed to get worse and worse until I could hear it over everything. Horrible screaching tinnitus that I cannot ignore.

I just can't understand the unpredictably of this T. I could deal with it far better if it was constant but these pulses of electricity rubbi g through my head and the horrible screaching in my ear is just too much.

I have also had mild pain in both ears today which I haven't had before ... It's just all so unpredictable and annoying. How do you function normally like this?

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      andy92

andy92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Supposedly earwax...
      The screaching continues.... Today it was ok until I put a fan on in my room. It's super hot and I couldn't work without the fan but it has made my T absolute HELL ... Screaching electrical sounds piercing through my ears and causing physical pain at some points. So weird that something so subtle as Adam can do this ?! People use a fan to mask their T and it makes mine go absolutely mad.

18. Contrast

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      injury from noxious noise
      You can't function normal. Tinnitus, hyperacusis and noise induced pain in a trio are hell to live with

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. Lane

Lane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic Drug
      @andy92 -- This is the way it was for me for the first 6-12 months; which I believe is referred to here on the forum as "reactive tinnitus". Thankfully, that's improved for me the past 6 months or so, and I can now put a small fan in my window at night. A year ago that same small fan made my tinnitus "go absolutely mad" (to borrow a phrase from you).

• Like Like x 2
    20. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Yes there is something like this 'reactive tinnitus' in the early phases of some people's tinnitus experiences, myself included. Some will say this is mild hyperacusis but others think this is a different thing altogether. The good thing is that very often this 'reactive tinnitus' fade out over time, as in my case and in @Lane's case. So it is important to not over-react to this with too much anxiety and trauma. It will likely pass and so try to take that as part of the 'process', especially in the early phases when the ears and the neurons are highly unstable and easily agitated.

• Like Like x 2
    21. Lane

Lane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic Drug
      @billie48 -- In my case, I'd say it's a different thing altogether. My hyperacusis is relatively unchanged, but the reactive tinnitus has gotten significantly better.

• Like Like x 1
    22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      andy92

andy92 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Supposedly earwax...
      @Lane and @billie48 thank you so much for your reassurance.

I had this 'reactive T' when I first developed T back in March and it died down allot. But last week it has been an absolute nightmare. Horrible horrible screeching, squealing pricing noise .

It's really reassuring to hear that for you guys this eventually started to die down. Today I have struggled to watch TV as it seems to really mess with this reactive T.

This is pure torture. I'm so looking forward to feeling normal again, I feel very boring ATM.

• Hug Hug x 1
    23. PeteJ
      Depressed

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      T can change. Hyperacusis tends to improve over time.

If you can wear earplugs and muffs, I would get some for when you can anticipate really loud noise or sounds.

Tinnitus can change in volume, pitch, the type of noise or sound you 'hear' and so on. There's so many variables and asserted/assumed causes for the change so it's probably a good idea to have hearing protection just in case and to protect yourself from loud noises in case it might affect the tinnitus and hearing.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    24. GSC
      Owned

GSC Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma.
      Reactive T is a bitch.

• Agree Agree x 3