Julian Cowan Hill's Success Stories

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Lisa88, May 10, 2016.

1. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      • Like x 9
      • Genius x 2
      • Optimistic x 2
      • Agree x 1
      • Winner x 1
      • Friendly x 1
    2. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      I suppose he is a form of CBT, so possibly neither good nor bad. There is not enough testimonials to make a good judgement of him IMO. Psychologists and psychiatrists get paid too. I don't know if his motives are good or bad. Only he knows that. It could be very lucrative for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Lucrative indeed. Just visit his website and see the outrageous amount he charges for Skype consultations and treatment therapy. People are advised no payment is refundable.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      I can definitely see how his approach could help people as it reduces stress and anxiety. I honestly think he's genuine. But there's a difference between saying "I found this treatment which tremendously helped me with my tinnitus and it might help you as well" and "I found the cure for chronic tinnitus, everyone can get rid of tinnitus".
      Now, as I said, I truly believe that he's genuine and simply wants to help people with tinnitus. I don't think he's trying to scam people because he seems truly convinced that his approach can cure everyone.

Do I think that massages, seeing a therapist, relaxation, meditation, etc. can help with tinnitus? Definitely. Do I think that this could cure everyone? No.

Also, most of the people saying that his videos have helped them seem to be people who have had tinnitus for less than a year. So it becomes a question of correlation or causation. Most people eventually habituate without any help, many people also notice a reduction in volume or a more neutral emotional reaction towards their tinnitus with time. It's hard to say whether this is due to his treatment or simply the natural healing process. However, if his videos help you or if his recommended treatment helps you then that's all that matters.

Personally, I still think it's a huge claim to say that you have found the cure for chronic tinnitus. Sometimes a part of me still hopes that my tinnitus could reduce in volume. Maybe I really just have to calm my nervous system? I'm doing yoga, meditating, I've tried acupuncture, massages, craniosacral therapy, had CBT sessions with a therapist but none of them reduced my tinnitus (though they definitely helped me to relax and to deal better with stress and anxiety).

• Agree Agree x 8
      • Like Like x 2
      • Genius Genius x 1
    5. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      He is using charm and polish to win over people that are desparate and in despair. Under these circumstances they will part with huge sums of money with the belief their suffering will be eased. I suppose it's a solution.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Zug
      Woot

Zug Member Benefactor

I tend not to trust anyone trying to sell anything over the Internet.

A little harsh, I know, but it's like asking a barber if I need a haircut.

He may be well intended. He looks like a nice man, but again, every good salesman do.

I don't believe he found any type of cure. If he did, everyone in the Tinnitusphere would be forming a very long line at his door.

Best,
      Zug

• Agree Agree x 4