Just Got Diagnosed with Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jimmy307, May 15, 2016.

1. Jimmy307
      Terrified

Jimmy307 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ????
      New here just got diagnosed with diagnosed with T. So basically all week my ear has been feeling waterlogged. Last night i went to a party. I had one drink and a cigarette there was loud music playing all night long. I went home and heard ringing i dealt with it for the morning and just got back from urgent care and they removed a pretty big piece of wax from my right ear. My doctor provided me with some ear drops Neomycin and Polymxxin B Sulfates... i still hear the ringing...and its driving me crazy. What is the likely hood of this going away over night? I would do anything to just hear silence again. Ive been reading up on it and i'm absolutely horrified to think that this is just my life now . Any Tips or Advice please??

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Give it a few days and see how you feel. if your ears are still poor, then go see an ENT and an audiologist. Your tinnitus could be short lived, just see how it goes. Don't panic, it is not the end of the world, you will make it.

3. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      I'm no doctor but I would suggest calling the doctor back and see what he recommends. What you could also do as well is if the ringing hasn't gone away after a few days, go to a hearing aid place that does free hearing tests. Have them check your hearing and see how good it is. If you have lost some of your hearing ask them to program a hearing aid in their office to correct your hearing and see if the ringing goes away. In the meantime you can go to mynoise.net and listen to some soothing music to help mask your t for awhile. Hopefully it will go away soon though.

Also, don't worry. There are plenty of what I call "safety nets" that help people lower or calm themselves down about tinnitus. If it gets really out of hand ask the doc to see if a short term prescription of Valium might help. (Do not take benzos long term) Plenty of horror stories on the internet about tolerance and withdrawal and I have my own problems with it now since I have taken Klonopin long term.

4. Ricardo1991
      Tired

Ricardo1991 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The world may never know..
      You'll be alright bud. Don't read the scary stories! They fucked me up at first, now I'm like, "geez what a load of crazies!"

5. RB2014
      Confused

RB2014 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014 became noticable
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loss of hearing and then stress and anxiety
      You have to get your mind off of it asap. Keep yourself busy the next few days and don't think about it. It is possible. Hopefully it goes away on its own, but you need to help it. Don't read about all the stories. Don't be scared about the future. Just get on with your life and ignore it. Tinnitus will feed on fear and anxiety. Don't give it any food.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jimmy307
      Terrified

Jimmy307 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ????
      Thanks for all of the support guys. I just made an appointment with an Audiologist on friday hopefully its get better by then and this all passes over. For the mean time i'm trying to keep my mind off of it