Just Got Sciatica Back and Leg Pain...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sound Wave, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Not fun. Not fun at all. Constant deep nerve pain in the buttock area, that radiates into the entire leg. VERY painful during the night when laying down, which makes sleep practically impossible. Pain killers don't seem to help.

So why I am posting about this into a T forum? First, this is teaching me a lesson about pain vs T. I am starting to believe that many of us would chose T in a heartbeat compared to bad chronic pain. The second reason is that maybe there are others here, who suffer / have suffered from sciatica back and leg pain who can offer some advice? :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. truesilence

truesilence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      I would go to a chiropractor or Osteopath immediately. Painkillers will only treat the inflammation but not the underlying cause eg if your spine is misaligned. I've had a prolapsed disc and because I took my doctors advice have ended with with permanent nerve damage. Yoga and Pilates are great for strengthening your core adominal muscles. Memory foam mattress/ topper can really help. I also do stretching excercises before I got to bed. Have a look on YouTube- there's so much info out there! Don't suffer in silence, this condition is treatable but it takes time and dedication:)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      Get a tennis ball and work on these muscles
      Piliformis,
      Gluteus Maximus and minimus.

Search for videos on you tube how to work on the trigger points for these.
      It should help.

http://www.triggerpointtherapist.com/blog/piriformis-pain/piriformis-trigger-points-double-trouble/

It might take day or few to feel the difference.

I did this so many times and it helped me.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Thanks for the tips! Last night was also pretty awful. Spike mat offers some help as well as just getting up and walking a bit. This type of a pain REALLY distracts one from T... :)

• Like Like x 1
    5. barbara r.
      Balanced

barbara r. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      prolonged loud noise
      And there's the up side. I injured my left thigh muscle last year, and the pain is still so bad, I hardly notice my right side sciatica! Life's little ironies. Attitude is Everything!

• Like Like x 1