Just Got Tinnitus in My Other Ear. Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Support' started by mrdude1234, Nov 20, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. mrdude1234

mrdude1234 Member

Hi all,

I've had T since about June in my left ear. Not the worst thing in the world and was tolerable. I was having all sorts of other crazy symptoms and tested positive for EBV (Mono, Glandular Fever etc.). I figured EBV was the cause of my symptoms and I've been getting better (took about 4 months to get back to almost 100%).

Now as of yesterday T has started in my other ear. This one is more high pitched and bothersome. I also have some kind of issues with my eyes where it's difficult to focus on a single thing, almost as if my eyes keep trying to re-centre.

In addition, my ears also have a clicking sound when I talk and swallow. No pain or anything but a bit annoying.

Any thoughts on what could be causing my problems? It's so hard to tell if this is related to a virus or hearing damage or what. I've had MRI of the brain and ears that came through fine.

2. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Oh that damn clicking when swallowing is driving me mad, it's been two months and it's not getting better.
      What else can go wrong with stupid ears?:(

• Like Like x 1
    3. mrdude1234

mrdude1234 Member

Yes its not fun. Mine almost feels as if there is some kind of sticky/mucousy. Sometimes just sounds like a little popping sound. Usually when I swallow or say words with K sounds (cookie as an example).

4. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Mine sounds like a LOUD click of a computer mouse!
      Sharp and loud!
      Is that your experience too?

5. mrdude1234

mrdude1234 Member

Hmm, I'd say mine is like a click/pop and sometimes it sounds like two small bones are rubbing together? I wouldn't say its sharp or very powerful but its a bit annoying.

Also I realised, my tinnitus started and just recently re-started in the other ear, while I was in my computer room. I'm starting to think if my PC or my speakers have anything to do with it. I have studio monitors for making music but I wasn't blasting them or anything.