Just Introducing Myself

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BeautifulBlue, May 28, 2017.

1. BeautifulBlue

BeautifulBlue Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      probably poor posture + bruxism
      Hi everyone,

I have had T since Easter and I am still in denial, hoping it will disappear... in the meantime I have seen the dentist to get a mouthguard (seems to help a bit), going to phisyo to fix my neck and jaw, and will have an MRI to make sure there are no nasties in my inner ear and I am considering acupuncture. Has anyone tried it with positive outcome?

I have tried Serc and didn't do anything, I am taking Ginko but I don't think it does anything either. Camomile helps me sleep at night, and I noticed that sleep makes a huge difference - if I am tired or stressed my T gets super loud!

My GP wasn't much help at all though, so I feel like all the research is up to me and it's hard to filter out the crap from the reliable info when I research online... any sources you can recommend?

At the moment I have so many questions that I don't even know where to start - but hopefully I'll be able to contribute with answers too, eventually.

Anyway, I am trying to stay positive even though sometimes I just want to bang my head against the wall until it stops!

Cheers everyone, looking forward to getting through this with you all, we can do it :)

S.

2. RonnieCarzatto
      Cynical

RonnieCarzatto Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 01 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mild head injury maybe... but who knows...
      I gave acupuncture a try myself, it's very relaxing and therapeutic but it did nothing for my tinnitus unfortunately. I hope you find relief though! You never know, what doesn't work for one person may work for another.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BeautifulBlue

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah, I suspected that after reading here and there. If it helps me relax though, it's still something!

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk @BeautifulBlue.
      We are here around the clock to support you and answer any questions and I'm sure you will enjoy your time on here.
      Love glynis

5. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You can try HBOT...

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BeautifulBlue

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Bill Bauer is that a thing for T? Sounds a little scary... have you tried it? How does it work?

7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Check out
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/spontaneous-recovery-stats-over-70-recover-3-studies.21441/
      In the military in Finland, HBOT is a standard treatment for T due to acoustic trauma. It is possible that many of those soldiers would have recovered on their own. It is also possible that some of them were helped by HBOT (you can see the success stats at that link).

HBOT is supposed to be effective at healing the body soon after trauma (the sooner, the more effective it is supposed to be). Your body gets saturated with oxygen, and it can promote healing. (But make sure to eat many antioxidants if you do this treatment.) There are different types. Sometimes you get into a room that is filled with oxygen. Sometimes they give you your own coffin-like chamber.

I had 5 treatments. Then my T actually got louder. Later I learned that I had reactive T (it started to get louder even after a shower). I think it got louder as a result of the hiss of the oxygen in my chamber. You can insist on taking new/clean earplugs into the chamber. The would allow you to wear them after they achieve the desired pressure in the chamber. You can also ask them to reduce the flow of oxygen - this will reduce the noise, without making a big difference to your treatment.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BeautifulBlue

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wow, I had no idea. My T doesn't come from acoustic trauma though, so I'm not sure it would help. When you say your T got louder, did it stay that way or did it calm down again afterwards?

9. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      If you are sure that your T is not a result of acoustic trauma, then HBOT is not for you.

It was just a temporary spike. Now I feel bad about stopping the treatment (but at the time I was worried about the spike being permanent).