Just Keeping in Touch

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bill W., Dec 14, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. Bill W.

Bill W. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      chemotherapy
      Hello - I've only made three posts in the last few months. I've had what at least I assume is pulsatile tinnitus for about three months. I got to see an ENT about a month ago & after he looked up my nose discerned there could be some hope for this contant whooshing in my left ear I'm experiencing. I'm also close to being stone deaf in that ear which occured at the same time as this whoosing racket. He gave me hope and thought he could restore about sixty percent of my hearing. That would be great but I would sooner have this annoying noise cured. He put me on a number of medications, which I took over the course of a couple of weeks but in the end they did nothing. Because I am the recipient of a stem cell transplant (four years ago) due to a form of leukemia I was scheduled for an MRI. This was to rule out any chance of a tumor. I wasn't worried about that and the results proved negative. I have another appointment to see him the day after tomorrow.
      You know it's hard to believe, but after being diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia, being in hospital for five months, having a stem cell transplant from a donor some where is this world and having been completely cured of a disease that until recently was pretty much a death sentence, they still haven't figured out a cure for something like this. Anyway I just thought I'd touch base with you all. Thanks for this forum it's nice to have a place to blow off some steam.

• Hug Hug x 2