Just Saying Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AZeurotuner, Nov 1, 2017.

1. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hi name's Ross, I've been lurking here for a while and thought I'd finally join the site.

I've had noise induced tinnitus since I was 18 (Loud cars, riding motorcycles, music, clubs, you name it... didn't start protecting my ears till it was too late) and am 25 now.

This forum has been a source of inspiration for me, I have learned a lot just browsing through the threads, it's comforting knowing there are others who are going through the same thing. So yeah just thought I'd say what's up, thanks for your support.

Ross

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome Ross. Yes here members understand each other's challenge and you will never feel alone here. Thanks for posting and hope your condition will improve over time. Probably need to use caution to protect your ears from loud venues but it is a delicate balance to enjoy life and to protect against more hearing damage. There is also a delicate balance to enjoy life and not tip-toe around T too often. Take care. God bless.

3. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      Has it gotten better?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AZeurotuner

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Didn't notice your reply until now... Thank you my friend, I've been avoiding excessively loud situations and doing my best to keep that balance in check.

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AZeurotuner

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      No sir... But I remain optimistic about the future. Sometimes I beat myself about exposing myself to all that noise, but the past is the past, I'm focusing on trying to better myself and I remain hopeful that a cure will be found sooner rather than later. That's all we can really do, T sucks but life doesn't have to.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. dpdx
      Disappointed

dpdx Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset:09/23/2017 Worsened: 1/17/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma, worsened by caloric test/VEMP test 90db nhL
      T does suck, mine is manageable. I wish i knew what T was before all of this **** began.

7. Michael Barton

Michael Barton Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3 hours at a house concert
      I feel sorry for you buddy, but I like your outlook. Life indeed isn't T and T may suck, but life sure doesn't :)

That said, how do you sleep at night? Currently that's the one thing I'm struggling with.