Just Started... So Scared

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Marie79, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I know many of you have suffered for much longer so I apologize if my situation seems silly to post so soon.

I currently have an ear infection with fluid in my left ear. I can barely hear out of it and I have this ringing. I have been using the drops and waiting until Wednesday when I have an appointment with an ENT.

I'm so scared this will never go away. I had it a few months back for a couple days also with an ear infection.

I have been using my ear bud in that one ear at night to get sleep. I listen to white noise.

2. Jovita1969

Jovita1969 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      I hope you feel better. I got diagnosed with tinnitus in Nov 2015.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. eric peterson
      Sporty

eric peterson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 10/2003 Increase: 04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      who knows? who cares?
      It's very likely that the ringing will go away when the fluid behind your ear clears up...

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      How do you know? I have maybe a minute here or there when I can hear clearly and I think I still hear the ringing. I am in Las Vegas for a vacation weekend now so thank goodness it's the best place to not focus on it

5. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Insomnia, and a Fan at Night
      Tell you what, we'll use some vegas logic: There are no certainties, but the odds are in your favor.
      If you have a king-high flush(on an unpaired board), you can only lose to an ace-high flush(very unlikely, unless against a tight player with very deep stacks showing very unusual aggression).
      If you have a treatable cause, then the odds are very good that once that cause is resolved the tinnitus will go away. Most people here don't have anything they can point to say, "ah, here is a treatable cause of my tinnitus." You do.
      So none of us "know" that your tinnitus will go away, but there is no good reason to think your King-high flush is no good in this spot. You have great odds IMO. Even though you have no chance to be all-in, you can feel good about it.
      You are entitled to feel a little uneasy when your condition is actually fully-treated, and you still yet hear the tinnitus. Until then, you need to let it go.

6. eric peterson
      Sporty

eric peterson Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 10/2003 Increase: 04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      who knows? who cares?
      I don't know. But I know that trapped fluid behind your ear drum is a cause of tinnitus. When that fluid clears up and the ear drum can begin vibrating normally again, the tinnitus often resolves. And if it doesn't, you'll be fine either way.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Marie79

Marie79 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/1/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Thank you guys. You are too kind

8. Adriana Gonzalez

Adriana Gonzalez Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/28/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluid behind eardrum
      Did it get better after the fluid behind your eardrum cleared? I am currently having the same issue. No infection, just fluid behind the eardrum. I can't hear my tinnitus much throughout the day just when I go to bed its there.