Just Wanted to Say Hi!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Natalie Roberts, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Natalie Roberts Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pregnancy or mild hearing loss.. Who knows.
      My baby is 3 weeks old today.. Initially following delivery my tinnitus got worse and then was dramatically better for a week (probably the best week I've had yet) and has been back to normal this last week. However I was under a huge amount of stress during the really bad week due to possible chicken pox outbreak of my two older kids (luckily it wasn't chicken pox).

What has changed though is me. I've stopped monitoring every little thing I eat for a change in my tinnitus. I haven't noticed food making it worse either. This has been huge for me! I've also stopped allowing tinnitus to dictate my day or what I do. I simply carry on with my plans and don't let tinnitus interfere (whether it's a loud or quiet day). I still hear tinnitus but my reaction to if has changed quite a bit since the birth of my daughter. Rarely, it causes me anxiety but for the most part I just ignore it. While I still have tinnitus I feel like I may be habituating to it or maybe it is slowly getting better, it's hard to say but I can say for sure that my reactions to it are better and I feel better overall. Tinnitus, while annoying isn't controlling my life anymore.

Just wanted to say hello and update all of you who have supported me so much. I haven't posted on here recently but i do still think of you all and hope you're doing well.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 15
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Natalie,
      Aww bless ,baby 3 weeks already....
      Great your doing better with your ears.
      My nephews partner has just had a baby boy on Friday was just over 6 pounding weight....lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1
    3. Richard zurowski

Richard zurowski Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection.
      @Natalie Roberts . Hi glad to here you are managing your tinnitus better. And congratulations on the birth of your baby.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. Dana
      Busy

Dana Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multi-factorial
      The baby is adorable! Congratulations! Thank you for sharing with us your achievements in managing your T even without drugs. Superwoman!

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      What a lovely baby! Congrats. You have done a marvellous job in recovering from the initial trauma of tinnitus. If tinnitus doesn't change, we can change, in approach and attitude towards it. By doing so, T actually becomes more manageable. Keep us posted with your positive updates and at a certain point when you are ready, you may want to consider writing your success story so other new sufferers can learn from your experiences. Congrats again and thanks for sharing your positive update.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have debated posting in success stories but I don't feel quite ready to yet! I think I've had tinnitus for about 4 months now and would like to give it a little longer to see how it goes. I am so pleased that I have made it this far though and that I am able to handle it better. Tinnitus has been one of the hardest things I've ever had to battle!! I am still forever grateful for all of you helping me through this!

Thank you so much! It was hard not having the option to use medication but knowing I did it makes me feel so strong and empowered! I'm hoping my tinnitus continues to improve but if not i know I will be okay now and I can live with this!!

• Like Like x 2
    7. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Natalie your daughter is precious! Thanks for the update and sharing the picture

• Like Like x 2
    8. liquefact
      Balanced

liquefact Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/25/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Indoor Rock Concert
      Lovely baby, it'll get much better for you. Don't stop ignoring the T. :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      You're a bit of a symbol of hope and confidence around here you know. We, the World, have been watching with interest and good wishes.

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Hi Natalie!! God bless you!!! Baby is adorable!!!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you for your kind words! While I'm slightly disappointed that my tinnitus didn't go away after delivery like I had hoped, I know I will be ok either way and am just hoping it continues to
      Improve as time passes or my mind continues to learn to ignore it! :)

12. jb96734
      Cheeky

jb96734 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      She's beautiful Natalie! :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    13. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Natalie,

Thanks for updating us. You definitely have the right approach; I hope your tinnitus does fade, but if not, I'm sure you will be able to cope with it very well. Enjoy your beautiful baby, and please know that we're all here for you!!

Best wishes,
      Karen

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks :) today has been a difficult day for me. The tinnitus is very very very high pitched and dog whistle like and is driving me crazy.. It's not causing me anxiety just making me feel angry! I know there will be days like this and good days followed by bad days.. I'm just tired tonight and overly stressed from my kids..thank you for all your support!!

Sigh.

• Hug Hug x 1
    15. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      I can empathize feeling angry...

Do you get mood swings because of tinnitus ever?

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I find my mood can be affected by my tinnitus 100%.. If I'm having a bad t Day it tends to bring down my whole day and make me angry and frustrated . When it's quieter overall I seem to do better and be in a better mood. Stupid t

17. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Your baby is so sweet!
      Please try to get adequate sleep, Natilie. Chasing kids all day can be exhausting. Maybe a relative could lend a hand with the little ones. You might need some R & R to help manage the T!

• Like Like x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Natalie Roberts
      Haunting

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've had tons of help with my family watching over the girls so I can get some rest! It's been a life safer! My boyfriend is also very helpful and wakes up early with my older kiddos so I can sleep in. But just overall having kids is stressful anyway! And I think no matter how much sleep I get I still feel exhausted. :,(

• Hug Hug x 1