Just Wanted to Say Hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by weemun191, Jan 17, 2018.

1. weemun191

weemun191 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unexplained
      Hi everyone, I'm a Malaysian and now studying in Japan. Sorry if I have bad english.

I got my T in nov 2017.It first started on the left with a high pitched sound and a week later a low humming sound started on the right . I went to a lot of ents, did CT and MRI and etc..They have no explanation for my T. They all have the same answer that is caused by stress.

And also I have funny feeling on my ear sometimes. Like someone is touching my ear. And the doctors said it's probably caused by stress too.

At first it was hell. I broke down so many times . But now I'm starting to get used to it.

If anyone has similar experience feel free to share with me. Or any methods to relieve T.

Happy to join this forum. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
    2. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Hi.

• Like Like x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum @weemun191. It is strange the doctors just list stress as possible cause.
      There are many causes, single or combined, which can trigger or aggravate tinnitus including but not limited to drug side-effects from ototoxic drugs, ear wax build-up, ear-wax removal suction, inner ear infection, Eustachian tube disorder or ETD, ear drum injury, fluid build-up in ears feeling pressured or fullness, sinus infection & congestion especially with a bad cold, TMJ, TTTS, autoimmune disorders such as Lyme Disease & Fibromyalgia, high blood pressure or blood circulation problem, anemia, loud noise exposure or acoustic trauma/shock, head injury or TBI, neck injury or muscle problems, hearing loss from aging or other causes, Meniere's Decease, barotrauma from rapid pressure changes in flights or diving, especially with congested nose or sinus causing failure to balance the pressure changes, slapping of the ears, deep grief, untreated sleep apnea, extreme/extended stress, anxiety & panic disorder, depression, sleep deprivation, etc.

T can also be caused or made worse by unhealthy diet such as too much salt, sugar, caffeine, gluten, MSG, alcohol etc. or by lacking some mineral or vitamin supplements. Some folks may be sensitive to these or they don't have the right amount of minerals that can aggravate T too. Anyway, just try to stay as positive as possible and try to read up the success stories which will help calm you and you will also learn many coping strategies. Good luck. God bless.

• Like Like x 2
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      weemun191

weemun191 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unexplained
      Thanks for the information @billie48 . I'm trying my best to cope with it now. Your advices and words make my day. Thank you so much.

• Like Like x 1
    5. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Anything docs can't explain is caused by stress.:)

Try to follow the diagnosis flowchart. It may lead you somewhere.
      Did you do a hearing test? Do you have an audiogram?

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      weemun191

weemun191 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unexplained
      Hi @GregCA .

Yes I did it several times and they told me I have normal hearing . Sorry I don't have an audiogram.

I don't know if i have tmj or neck problems. I guess it caused by anxiety and stress.

I'm fine during the day because I spend most of the daytime at school . It just bothers me so much when I want to sleep. But now I'm trying to imagine its just a background noise. I also put some natural sound during sleep.

I'm going to visit to a psychologist tomorrow and ask about CBT and see what he would recommend.

Thanks for asking.

7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      • Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      weemun191

weemun191 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unexplained
      @Bill Bauer

Thank you for the information.I appreciated it. Is earplugs enough when riding airplanes?