L-Baclofen Group Buy — We Can Get It Synthesized — Anyone In?

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Yoillsolveit, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Yoillsolveit

Yoillsolveit Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/8/2015
      Hello TT!

I only recently developed tinnitus and I hate it! I have good days and then at night when I hear it I unravel a little bit. I hate it so much. The worst part for me is that its a constant reminder of a really bad life experience. I really want it to go away and get on with my life.

Here is where I have some hope. It seems like l-baclofen works on tinnitus but is not commercially available.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3297816/

I am here to say we can get a batch made. If you want to see one way there was the Longecity NSI-189 group buy.

There is also the possibility of getting a place like ceretropic.com to get it made for us. They have the lab connections and the gas chromatography machines to verify it.

Guys, I'm positive we could get l-baclofen synthesized for us if we had enough buying power. Not sure how much we would need.

The good news is that baclofen is not a controlled substance, and this would be completely legal to do if it was sold as a research chemical.

I'm taking baclofen now, not sure if it helps the T or not. I can say that its not a bad drug to be on, doesnt seem to make me tired or foggy. I only wish I could try just l-baclofen and not the combo racemix mix I have now.

Anyone in?

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      From the abstract of the study:

While baclofen is not likely to be a drug of first choice for tinnitus due to its adverse side effects, such as sedation, confusion, and dizziness (Jorns and Zakrzewska, 2007), the significance of the potential underestimation of GABAB receptor agonists for the treatment of tinnitus, extends beyond baclofen itself. Arbaclofen placarbil is a novel l- (or r-) baclofen prodrug with improved pharmacokinetics that may be useful in the treatment of neurological disorders (Lal et al., 2009). There is also a new generation of novel GABAB receptor agonists, such as CGP7930 (Adams and Lawrence, 2007), which do not have the adverse side effects of baclofen but which may be useful for the treatment of tinnitus. It would unfortunate if the extensive use of racemic baclofen prevented these new GABAB receptor agonists from being investigated for their efficacy against tinnitus.
      Basically the typical scholar article full of ifs buts and maybes.

If you're going to go that route I think a lot of people here would much rather have SF34 made

3. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      this is a controlled drug in the US. longecity probably doesn't care because they do sort of shady things on there not infrequently, but having a controlled drug synthesized abroad and then importing it without a license exposes you to some very, very serious felony charges in the US.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Jahhsoul
      Curious

Jahhsoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/24/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown (not acute acoustic trauma).
      Interesting. Do you think they will continue the studies in humans?

5. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know where you got the idea that this isn't controlled. It's not scheduled. It's still a controlled substance.
      https://www.erowid.org/pharms/baclofen/baclofen_law.shtml
      ceretropic may well make this for you; they list numerous products on their site which are not legal.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Yoillsolveit

Yoillsolveit Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/8/2015
      Its not a controlled substance! A controlled substance is a scheduled substance that is illegal to possess. Baclofen is not a crime to possess.

7. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I said it was not scheduled. You're nitpicking; yes, "controlled" in the sense of the CSA does not apply here. "Controlled" in the sense that this is something which can only legally be sold with a prescription, definitely applies.

Baclofen is a prescription only drug per FDC Act § 503(b)(1). This means that the FDA intends that this is a drug which
      Statistically it may be that you are less likely to run into serious legal sanctions for illicit import of an Rx only substance than a Schedule I-V drug. That does not mean it is legal to do so; people have been arrested for simple possession of small amounts of Tramadol and other Rx-only drugs. This discussion is really not appropriate for this forum.

edit: also, you've only had tinnitus for 2 months and you're already jumping to the point of trying to solicit help in committing felonies? Relax, man, it's going to be ok.

8. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
      @Yoillsolveit Regardless of legality, why did you choose l-baclofen of all possible compounds? The only evidence they present is 1 study on rats that was done by the same authors in 2012 (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22005094). If you look at the papers that have cited that paper, you find 2 things: 1) a high proportion of the citations are by the same authors - which usually isn't a good sign, and 2) they published a paper in 2014 where they find no effect of l-baclofen on the prevention or treatment of tinnitus: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0306452213009792

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Philip

Philip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection or noise exposure or both
      The author of this post already ran into trouble with phenibut.

He mentioned using baclofen to get off it.

I have no experience of this drug but I've read a bit about it. Although it is a lot less addictive than phenibut you would eventually have problems. Read some other forums to find out more.

I wont mention where you can buy it because this forum may have rules about that.

But is the author a shill or something?because it is attainable commercially.

10. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      Hey, I know some chemist, that work in a basement and can whip up some wicked acid. They stashed Some LSD-25 from way back in the 70's. Should be legal, I mean, do the feds consider that a controlled substance anymore? };-)

11. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      "baclofen", the pharmaceutical, is racemic -- a mixture of left and right isomers of the molecule. The theory here is that the r-isomer actually doesn't help with tinnitus, and, actually antagonizes the receptor, preventing the l-isomer from binding and working. So, the OP here is interested in getting someone to synthesize pure l-baclofen, which is not something that's available on the legitimate markets at this time.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    12. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tinnitus makes me unwilling to commit to 12 hours of LSD, but, if you have some shrooms...... ;)

• Like Like x 1
    13. Philip

Philip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection or noise exposure or both
      Apologies to the Yoillsolveit then..

However if its a different version of Baclofen that's only under research and hasn't been marketed yet I think I'll skip it...sounds too much like a research chem.

I come across someone on drugs-forum who experienced quite severe withdrawals off baclofen...he did admit using for a year straight.

But if we are talking about using this like for the rest of your life I'm sure side effects would eventually surface.

My dream situation would be a pill that would quieten it down for a few hours (so I could take it before bed on a bad day with it) and have minimum effects on libido and cognition.

Phenibut, gabapentin,benzos and normal baclofen all effect cognition and libido.

Now before anyone jumps in about how horny phenibut makes them... that positive effect soon turns into droopy dick (sorry ladies).

My personal philosophy in regards to drugs and tinnitus is that nearly every drug turns it up.

That's fine what can you do top yourself? No thanks.

I still drink once or twice a week and enjoy gabapentin once a blue moon.

Tinnitus is a life sentence...accept that and it will get easier after while...took me two years to habituate.

14. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      Let me check my stash box? might be some Mescaline buried at the bottom? }:)

15. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

• Like Like x 1
    16. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Did you all ever buy it or try it out?

17. Andrea White
      Artistic

Andrea White Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not known, probably regular ear cleansing/syringing
      DIAZEPAM

I have put Baclofen on my list of things that might work for "some" people with T. Just a completely unrelated thought - I had an anxious few weeks recently, and my Dr put me on Diazepam and my T was down by about 50%. I'm not on it now, and the T is back. I was taking 3 x 2mg per day. Does anyone know if you can safely take that low level dose of Diazepam for a long-ish period?

18. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      Doubt this - was only allowed one month, they wouldn't prescribe any more...