Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tinnitus Talk, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Mathew Gould

Mathew Gould Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/Jaw misalignment
      So your tinnitus is reactive?

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      They did report it lasting for over a year with people. We don’t know how many it did or didn’t last for.

• Agree Agree x 3
    3. RichardGuy
      Depressed

RichardGuy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/16/17, At Age 20
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acute
      So I might have to use it every day for an hour a day for the rest of the foreseeable future? Damn, tinnitus it is I guess.

4. Stefaniie

Stefaniie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      Maybe after seeing positive results these people were less careful about protecting their ears which caused their tinnitus to return to its normal level? Just a thought.

5. Stefaniie

Stefaniie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      If I remember correctly, the CEO of Neuromod said you have to have some hearing in order to use the device. I don't think he specified how much hearing. So even if your hearing loss is larger than mild, as long as you can hear the sounds from the device you should be good. That's what I'm getting from his answer at least.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. JayBowson

JayBowson Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic/Bad shoes?
      If I recall Dr. Ross O'Neill mentioned in the interview that in the TENT-A1 trial there was an arm that was Asynchronous Low Frequency and the difference between that and the Sync/High Frequency was that the results didn't seem to persist as well with the former.

Could be that I guess?

• Agree Agree x 5
      • Informative Informative x 2
    7. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      Congratulations and good luck!

I guess it was a bit too overwhelming with first consultation to even remember but did you maybe ask about low frequency drone?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    8. EDDTEKK

EDDTEKK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I wouldn't say I have the classic depression but I am highly desperate. Should I hide this from Neuromod?

In addition I take several medications for anxiety and sleep - I don't know if I could withdraw from them. So I assume I shouldn't mention that to Neuromod?

Is it an exclusion criteria?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    9. Paulmanlike

Paulmanlike Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I think it’s a question you should ask yourself; Am I prepared to put the effort, money and hope into it and accept the fact that it may possibly do nothing?

If the answer is no, I wouldn’t get the treatment for your own sanity.

If you are prepared that it may not work and still have hope for the ‘future of tinnitus treatments’ and will be content you at least tried it then go for it.

Best of luck.

P.S. You probably know, but don’t just withdraw from your meds at least without consulting your doctor. A side effect of quick withdrawal of ADs, benzos can be tinnitus!

• Agree Agree x 5
    10. Annpann

Annpann Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      I believe that if you are suicidal/overly desperate Neumorod would be concerned if the results of using the device were lower than expected you might harm yourself. Also for many when you first get tinnitus it is the hardest stage to deal with, I had anxiety and panic attacks which I no longer have. You also have a higher chance of the tinnitus going without intervention. This may be why you are excluded before your tinnitus has lasted 3 months.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. LongWait

LongWait Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Concert
      Would it be fair to say that by allowing lots of people to take the product from Dublin, before it's introduced elsewhere (no known success/failure rate in the public arena), is a quick way for Neuromod to achieve some financial return before the truth (effectiveness) hits the marketplace.

I can fully understand why they would want to do that.

• Good Question Good Question x 2
    12. Sironketchup

Sironketchup Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL / Stress / Covid?
      Hi guys. I'm following this thread all the time, can't wait to read about some results.

I've registered about 2 weeks ago and hope to get an appointment next year.

My tinnitus is very somatic (jaw), high pitched in my head. I had no acoustic trauma, might be from stress. Can't find any big hearing loss.

I hope my case works well for Lenire or for Shore's device (better if your tinnitus is very somatic?)

In the meantime I will live off illness benefits as I lost my job because of tinnitus.

I hope this hell is going to end soon for most of us.

Anyway, keep us updated, fingers crossed!

• Hug Hug x 5
    13. Ruse
      No Mood

Ruse Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL & TMJ
      Not really no, you’re talking about a few hundred devices max. This is a drop in the ocean and if they were wanting to do that they would have charged much more.

I think it’s much more likely that they want to iron out the process and finish collecting data from TENT-A2 before rolling this out worldwide.

• Agree Agree x 4
    14. Cojackb
      Fine

Cojackb Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Considering there is a similar treatment based in London that starts at £4,500 and should be worn for 4-6 hours a day - I'd say Lenire / Neuromod have priced this at an EXTREMELY competitive rate.

I guess it comes down to what kind of price a clinic wants to put on their time as opposed to the actual product itself.

https://www.thetinnitusclinic.co.uk/tinnitus-treatment/

15. Cojackb
      Fine

Cojackb Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I suffer from anxiety and take a very mild anti-anxiety medication which was all disclosed at my assessment. I was still accepted for the treatment. However my anxiety existed years before my tinnitus got worse and the tinnitus existed before the anxiety started.

I don't know the background around your depression / anxiety etc (whether it was brought on by the tinnitus or was there prior) but I'd never recommend hiding things like this from consultants. Especially when it's regarding an expensive treatment.

• Agree Agree x 2
    16. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      To Cojackb:

My sentiments exactly. Desyncra is still charging $5,612.40. As you know, I paid $5,629.00 for their 36 week "treatment" and it was utterly useless.

What is Lenire? About $2,200.00 - $2,400.00? So we have a far more potentially effective device for 40 - 45% of Desyncra's cost.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    17. Chinmoku

Chinmoku Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started with a cold, possibly worsened by medication/noise
      Besides being more expensive, it's not nearly as promising as Neuromod's Lenire. If the Tinnitus Clinic does not get Lenire they may be in trouble.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    18. Chriscom

Chriscom Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely infection/ear stress after walking pneumonia
      Curiosity, in many cases her desperate curiosity, is natural. So is not wanting to re-live every second of that first day/week etc. until any individual is mentally situated to do so. Let's all be gentle with each other.

• Like Like x 1
    19. LongWait

LongWait Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Concert
      If they are taking 6 or 7 people a day at Dublin for up to a year before introducing other clinics, that's a fair bit of investment back while feedback is releasing on the product's effectiveness.

I can't wait to see results for people with moderate or worse tinnitus, plus mild/moderate hearing loss.

• Agree Agree x 3
    20. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Let's be realistic. There's a very fixed limit to how much money they can make from just one clinic no matter how hard they try to push people in and out. The money to be made is when this is being offered through hundreds of clinics throughout the world. So they have every motivation in the world to expand availability.

• Agree Agree x 2
    21. Ruse
      No Mood

Ruse Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NIHL & TMJ
      Highly unlikely we won’t be seeing more clinics until summer 2020.

Plus you’re forgetting that if there’s 4 appointments required then only 1 in 4 per day on average will be a first appointment / sale.

This is a company that has had tens of millions of investment and I still stick by my point that if they were looking to “achieve some financial return before the truth hits the marketplace” this wouldn’t be the way to do it.

• Agree Agree x 6
    22. Agrajag364

Agrajag364 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I thought you didn’t allow any negativity about Lenire on this thread.

C5057835-7674-4E41-942A-87628FF685C4.gif

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    23. BigNick

BigNick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yes. Some of the testimonials describe severe tinnitus and spikes.

• Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    24. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      Figure in operational costs and that first sale goes down a ton also...

• Agree Agree x 1
    25. Allan1967

Allan1967 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Yes and yes. In fact I probably said I would defy anyone with severe constant tinnitus (and not the sort you only hear just before you sleep) to NOT be depressed/down hearted.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    26. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      As expected they can't say anything yet regarding the launch of Lenire in Germany:

Lenire-Reply.png

• Informative Informative x 6
    27. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      96221CC2-E0D8-40CF-BB44-4A22D0748411.gif

• Funny Funny x 11
    28. Ivkopivko
      Speechless

Ivkopivko Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      don't know, probably motorsport + headphones for last years
      I got a little more detailed answer once I did an follow up with them explaining that it's better for me both time-wise and distance-wise to undergo the treatment in Germany, but they just don't care and they think that it's very "funny and appropriate" to fly 4 times back and forth, instead of giving at least something like "we estimate that it will be available in Germany in Q2/2020 at the earliest but cannot guarantee or promise anything!"

neuromod-email-1.png
      neuromod-email-2.png

29. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      At least they’re in contact with several clinics in Germany, that gives me hope... Thank you for sharing their replies on here!

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    30. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      If they are in late discussions and with multiple centers it is likely very soon. Not giving a timeline is likely protocol.

• Like Like x 1