Less Tinnitus with Aged Garlic Extract

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Roberth, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Roberth
      Cold turkey

Roberth Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know yet
      My tinnitus has decreased, at least more than just a bit. That's for sure as far as I can tell. Since I got my order of vitamins and various other supplements, my howling in the brain has decreased. Before, I thought it was the vitamin B12 but I'm skeptical to that. That sounds just too simple for me to believe in.

However, it may indirectly be the aged garlic extract (AGE) that has lowered my blood pressure (1200 mg/day).

Anyone else who has experienced reduced tinnitus because aged garlic extract or decreased blood pressure in general? Or could this be placebo...? I've also stopped drinking milk to reduce my glutamate levels. Which of it is it?

Is it true that aged garlic extract (not regular garlic) has a protective effects on hearing, stronger than for an example NAC by boosting glutathione levels more effectively?
      https://examine.com/supplements/garlic/

2. SilverSpiral
      Sad

SilverSpiral Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ACOUSTIC TRAUMA
      Interesting...
      What all supplements are you taking?
      "Is it true that aged garlic extract (not regular garlic) has a protective effects on hearing, stronger than for an example NAC by boosting glutathione levels more effectively?"
      Where have you heard that?

• Creative Creative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Roberth
      Cold turkey

Roberth Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know yet
      @SilverSpiral, sorry, I was probably wrong about glutathione. I couldn't find that info again and I don't know where I once read it, if I even did. However, allicin found in raw garlic appears to have a glutathione-enhancing effect; "garlic-derived allicin lowered ROS production and increased the concentration of glutathione": http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/food-beverages/garlic

Aged garlic extract increases S-allyl cysteine, which isn't the same but seems to have many similar and some additional benefits and therefore indirectly may save glutathione from being used and depleted. The blood pressure lowering effect however, among others, seems to be beyond reasonable doubt.

4. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Garlic contains moderate amounts of Quercetin (Kv ion channel modulator) and powerful antihistamine. Histamine blocks Kv ion channels.

• Informative Informative x 1
    5. TomBradyGOAT

TomBradyGOAT Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who knows
      No matter what, I have been looking for a new way to control blood pressure. Added bonus is it would kill any vampires.

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    6. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I hope you are still around to report back about the garlic? I know this is an old post.

• Like Like x 1