Let It Be...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Guadalupe, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Guadalupe
      Angelic

Guadalupe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 4
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ciprofloxacin and stress
      I've been living with tinnitus for almost 5 months. I just want to say that it has been hard...

However, I was trying to look for reasons why it has been hard. I came up with a list of possible reasons.

Is it the sound itself (a neutral stimulus)? Or the idea that it might get worse? Or that I could do something that it might make it worse? Or that doctors will never find a cure? The negative comments on the internet? Or the idea that I might not get through this? The idea that the anxiety might ruin my life? Will I be normal again (without anxiety)? Will I be able to finish my career with this new stimulus? Should I be in public places with loud music without damaging my ears (hair cells)?

Or all of the above questions but not having a professional to answer my questions accurately? I have been struggling to answer all of this questions over the last couple of months. I have visit several doctors and did all the medical exams.. My ears and brains are fine!

I am a healthy 22 year old. But I still struggle with the idea of not having answers. The uncertainty that it might never go away. Or if it did, when? All of this was consuming my life.

The only thing I talked about with my friends for the last 3 months was about this new stimulus. The so called "tinnitus" which means sounds that your own body makes and that it won't go away. I can bombard you with all the negative things I have read in the internet. All the negative comments that doctors itself have told me. But I wont. I just want to let you know.

That it gets better with time. IT DOES! You will learn to live with it! You will learn because your brain is capable. Your brain is capable of processing this new stimulus without going into fight or flight. Fight or flight is the body response to a new (strange) stimulus. A new stimulus that it has been conditioned as negative. Why?

Because we don't have enough information! We don't know what it will happen. We don't know what to do. But let me tell you this. You are able to change the way you look at this! We cant control what will happen to us. But we can control the way we look at it. It is not the end of the world!

You can work to learn to live with this! In the mean time until someone finds a solution. Or if no one does, it doesn't matter because by then we are going to be professionals at living with this. We have to learn. We need to learn. It will take time indeed!

Everything worthy in life takes time and patience. But YOU CAN DO THIS! Stop looking for scary information.

Stop stressing about your stress! Which makes everything worse. Just take it day by day. And time will heal you!

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Thanks for this wonderful uplifting post. Yes, often we got knocked down by the T bully and intimidated at the beginning. But given time and learning more about T, we can stand up to this bully and once you change your approach, the tyranny of T will be over. I leave with a success story that I often quoted, the story of Jade, which just illustrate what WE can do to stop this T bully in terrorizing our lives. We may take different time frame to get there but the potential is there for us to fight back the T bully. God bless us all.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/6-months-tinnitus-still-going-strong-but-so-am-i.3226/

• Like Like x 1
    3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Way to go! That's the positive thinking/attitude i am talking about. Kudos to you, don't ever let this positive spirit go!

• Like Like x 1