Lexapro Discontinuation (Too Aggressively in My Case)

Discussion in 'Support' started by arosner, Aug 6, 2018.

1. arosner

arosner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/22/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Discontinuation of SSRI (Lexapro)
      Greetings Everyone,

My tinnitus began back in April and has pained me ever since.

It began about 3 weeks after discontinuing Lexapro (I was taking 30mg for over 10 years and as with most SSRIs it stopped working). Over the course of 1 month, we tapered which appears to have been way too aggressive in my case. My Psych had me try to go back on Lexapro however, that made my tinnitus worse. We tried other SSRIs but they too made my T worse. I went to an ENT, Audiologist, Neurologist and everything was normal. I have removed caffeine, alcohol and have been eating healthy over the past 4 months. About two months ago, I added additional supplements to help calm my brain (Omega 3, Ginko, garlic and magnesium). Last week, I began seeing a Chiropractor that believes he may be able to help by having me remove all items known to create inflammation from my diet along with some upper spine / TMJ adjustments - I will report back the results.

Just before the complete onset of tinnitus I had several brain zaps and experienced vertigo-like symptoms; I brushed them off as withdrawal related and they subsided but the T is still painstakingly present. My tinnitus is anything but consistent. Sometimes in one ear, swishing to static tone at various volumes in both. More recently, I felt pressure and occasionally a little pain so I decided to see a different ENT and nothing came up. He did explain to me that after one year it is usually permanent – this doesn’t sit well.

I'm debating on whether or not to start the Arches Tinnitus formula as recommended by Barry at Arches.

Any encouraging thoughts are welcome.

Thanks,

-Adam

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. robHing

robHing Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi.... Welcome ...
      It is difficult to answer your question.
      But, I am sure that there may be others who will help you here.