Lidocaine. Did It Myself. Twice. Lowered Tinnitus from 7 to 1.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by tinnitube, Mar 14, 2016.

1. tinnitube
      Supportive

tinnitube Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      damn virus
      Hello tinnitus sufferers.

I injected Licocaine into myself. Let me tell my story first.

I work in the ER service, on the 5 of August 2015, I was working and suddenly felt that somebody pulled me backwards. It was very strange. I thought it was because I had swum too much and didn't eat immediately afterwards.

I've been all my life a triathlete, eaten well, haven't smoked etc, good blood pressure etc etc.

Half an hour later I felt the same and an hour and a half later, I was extremely dizzy, I couldn't walk.

I know it was the inner ear but didn't know what was the cause, at first I believed it was barotrauma from swimming.

The ambulance took me home and I stayed in bed hoping the next day all will be ok, but to my surprise it wasn't.

And I saw an ENT and a Neurologist.

"It will last one week, don't worry".

At the end of the week I was more dizzy.

At day 10 I developed ringing in my left ear, not bad but enough to worry but honestly with the dizziness I didn't think about the sound.

I started to take steroids by myself. Dexamethasone did the trick of keeping the dizziness away a little, meanwhile I traveled to see an otoneurologist and he told me "labyrinthitis, you will have this condition for 6 to 8 months".

And he gave me the same steroids I was taking and at the end of the third month told me start to take Betahistine, but a minimum of 48mg a day. No problem taking over 100mg but it's too expensive.

The dizziness lasted 5 to 6 months.

Steroids did a very good job in keeping the inflammation down.

But little by little the tinnitus started to show its ugly head...

And this week I thought I was going crazy.

First time in my life my mind said "better to be dead than live with this noise."

I mean seriously, I had to go to the drug store at 12.30 am and buy Xanax XR. I took 2.5mg to calm myself down.

During the weeks before I had literally tried everything because of working in the health field.

Yesterday I was working in the E.R. and said, "what the hell", I'm going to try Lidocaine.

I took one Lidocaine ampoule of 100mg/5ml, diluted it in 15cc of saline solution and with a butterfly needle injected it into myself IV very, very, slowly.

The tinnitus immediately went down.

If level 10 tinnitus is connected to suicide, I used to be at level 7.

After the Lidocaine injection, the tinnitus diminished to level 3.

The next day I repeated the injection, but this time with slow perfusion and 300mg over a period of 3 hours.

The tinnitus is now at level 1.

I'm not recommending this to "try it out yourself" of course, but I was lucky that I work in the ER and have all the stuff there.

I just wanted to share with you this experience.

It's been two days of normal life and I was going literally crazy.

Please ask anything.

I will try to do my best to answer because I know the pain that tinnitus causes.

• Like Like x 6
      • Informative Informative x 3
      • Creative Creative x 1
    2. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      Hey @tinnitube, did the effects last? How are you now with your tinnitus?

3. Tezcatlipoca
      Question it

Tezcatlipoca Member

His last and only update was "back to my old self."

Very interesting...

Also the fact that he's not here on a daily basis like us probably means he's doing well.

• Like Like x 3
    4. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      I agree but it seems like he still frequents the site but hasn’t posted much about this experience… Hopefully he can chime in and give us some news.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1