Life Companion

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MrNarwhal, Jul 28, 2017.

1. MrNarwhal

MrNarwhal Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Birth
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, birth?
      Hello friends! I just found this forum and it seems like a friendly community so I wanted to introduce myself. I am 28 and have had Tinnitus for as long as I can remember; I am convinced I have had it since birth. I had two hearing tests done within the last two years, and both said I did not have any hearing loss. I almost wish it did so I could know the cause.

My earliest memories with it are situations where I thought that was what silence sounded like. I remember telling my mother I had super-hearing because I thought I could "hear" the TV on at least three rooms away from my bedroom. The sound I hear is a steady, consistent, high pitched whine akin to the older CRT TVs from the late 90s.

Anywho, I just wanted to say hi. I look forward to chatting. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. If you are looking for people who have T since birth or for a long time, and if no one respond, you can search for 'tinnitus since birth' or 'tinnitus for long time' to see if you can find prior discussions on this. Good luck. Take care. God bless.

3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      I don't wish you had hearing loss :)

Can I borrow your ears? I cannot hear the TV all that well..even on a high volume....

From my experience, the tinnitus can be super high pitched and very loud that it covers a good amount of the hearing. Be very glad that your hearing is good and keep it that way....

Enjoy your stay here :)

• Like Like x 1
    4. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Welcome @MrNarwhal . I, to the best of my knowledge, have had my tinnitus my entire life (51 years). I recall when, as a child, I learned that everyone did not also hear constant ringing.

My experience matches that of @fishbone in that my high pitched ringing is quite loud and does interfere greatly with my ability to hear.