Lightheaded After Loud Music Exposure

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jomo, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      Hey guys.

Just looking to see if any of you guys have noticed somthing like this after you were at a catered event with a DJ blasting music at around 100 dbs. I was at this event today and i had my ear plugs on of course. They are custom fitted musician ear plugs and i had the 30 db filter in after about 15 minites of being there. Prob spent a half hour tops in the loud area. Then when i left that area i was talking to someone and i had this light headed feeling come over me for a quick second. Felt ok but definitly not normal. After the event i felt like the back of my neck was strained. Could have been from the long day i had but that light headed feeling is somthing i have experienced before after a loud situation. On a good note there was no change in my T. Everything appears to be normal. Thanks for your replies.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    2. MrLowBot
      Alienated

MrLowBot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music (loud noise)
      I would say that the stress itself for protecting your ears could be a point for you
      being lightheaded. However most of it could still be the big bass and high volume.

I've the same problem going for me when i am near a big bass, gets me lightheaded easy.

Hope i helped mate. Good luck.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      Yeah thats most likely what it was. Was worried it could have been vertigo since some people have both. Thanks for your reply