Listening Out

Discussion in 'Support' started by FayLiz, Jun 21, 2018.

1. FayLiz

FayLiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert (Noise Trauma)
      Hey guys, it's been a good while since I've needed to come onto one of these forums.

I went to a party a couple of weeks ago and forgot to wear my plugs, ears were louder when I got back but it had gone by morning except I listened out to see if it had gotten louder.

I'm not sure if it had or if I was listening but now I can't stop. It's been about 3 weeks and this past week I've been listening constantly, I'll forget for a little while then remember again.

It's so loud at the moment, I no longer fear my tinnitus or want it to leave, I just want it to fade back into the background and I can't remember how to. Any guidance will be much appreciated!

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @FayLiz,
      Just go about your day and try not focus on it.
      When you do feel you need a break from your tinnitus or feeling a bit stressed with it then play some music you like to relax to or go for a walk.
      It will soon go to the back of your mind if it's not to sever.
      love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      FayLiz

FayLiz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert (Noise Trauma)
      thank you glynis ! It's been so loud lately it's really distracting me but i'm trying hard to not let it get me down, I have some visits to universities tomorrow and monday and working two busy shifts this weekend so I hope it fades soon! I'm just getting tired of this when i've coped for over 3 years with tinnitus and i've become quite skilled at being in control

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I think you will be fine and your positivity will help.
      Both my sons have graduated both have epilepsy and one hearing loss as had his ear bones out age 7... follow your dreams.
      love glynis