Living with Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by PrincechellDavis, Sep 11, 2017.

1. PrincechellDavis

PrincechellDavis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe TMJ or Load concert or whiplash
      I had several things to happen that could have contribute to me getting Tinnitus but I am not sure nor are the doctors sure which is to blame.

I have TMJ of the jaw, that could have caused it.

I went to a club and there was this speaker that stood way taller than a person and we danced right upon the speaker, the sound was deafening.

That could have caused it, so could whiplash of my neck, listening to the ear phones to loud, who knows, but the ringing is constant, day in and day out, just like the sun rises every morning, so does the Tinnitus every morning the second I wake up, it's there, it's always there.

Living with it for a year now, I can say that I don't notice it while I am busy and in the day when I am outside and have people around me talking, I know it's there lurking in the back of my mind on in the middle of my head but it does not bother me until I am in a quiet place, the car, in bed, or even working in the office when it's quiet.

When I first came down with this, I was DEVASTATED! Completely. My world was dark, blue and grey. I was afraid, puzzled because I did not even know this was even possible. And to learn that it can last 10, 20, 30 years to life, it was unbearable.

My doctor told me it would go away, give it a few weeks, and some how, I kind of knew that it would not after talking to multiple doctors and doing my research.

Newbees, I know what you are going through, it's a really hard and sad thing to happen to you but it does get better as time go on.

You will not be as worried about it, my doctor said if I live to get 100 years old, it will not take my hearing. I don't know if that's true or not but guess what, I am going to hold on to that.

I learned that over 50 million american suffer with Tinnitus and out of the 50 million, only 13 to 15 million can hear. Tinnitus is something that mostly affect deaf people, they have ringing because they are deaf, but for the rest of the people that has it, they can hear fine, my hearing test was excellent, a word used by the doctor that did the hearing test.

The MRI test came back negative for brain tumors, nerve damage, lesions on the nerves, after taking the test, I learned that the MRI test itself can actually make the Tinnitus worst. I think that mine is TMJ because my jaw got stuck open and this is around the same time the Tinnitus started.

I don't know if my jaw will ever be 100 percent, therefore, I don't know if my Tinnitus will ever go away, all I can do is have faith and stay positive.

To all of those that want to kill themselves, because I have read several people saying that, it will get better, my aunt said she had it since she was in her 50s, she is now 84 and she said she still have it but it don't bother her much at all, she only hear it a little at night and she never hears it in the day.

See, it gets better even if it does not go away so try to stay positive and BUSY, that's the main thing that distract you from hearing it, stay busy and think positive, don't lose faith, and don't dwell on it either, go or stay, it will be o.k. watch and see, everything is the most hardest in the beginning when it first happens, we can adapt or adjust to it.

We have to so try to be happy any way and you will eventually find out that you can still be happy. I am.

• Like Like x 4
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Santiago Biagi
      Yeehaw

Santiago Biagi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      One exposure on loud club
      Thank you for writing such an uplifting post.

Of course it get's better. Most lost souls come here and vent out of despair on the acute stage. I find that it's a 50/50 situation. 50% of the problem it T itselft and the other 50% is stuff they think they are not going to be able to do. T will eventually resolve, or subside and one gets to Habituation. ONLY thing you have to do is take care of your hearing. Life will get to a normal state again, having fought a hard battle that makes as all stand up to whatever life gives us next.

Take care.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Casper

Casper Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music at concert
      Very well said! That's exactly how I feel too.

4. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum and thanks for those words of positivity and wisdom. Hope they will help those who are still struggling. Take good care. God bless.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PrincechellDavis

PrincechellDavis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The 50 million Americans have Tinnitus did not come from me, that came from 2 doctors who are qualified to speak on the issue, I did not know anything about it, including not even knowing it existed.

Take care!

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PrincechellDavis

PrincechellDavis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You are right.