Long Car Trip Questions

Discussion in 'Support' started by William Oliveira, Feb 1, 2017.

1. William Oliveira
      Pacman

William Oliveira Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Hey guys! Hope you're all doing alright.

So, it's been almost 2 years since I got T, and I have good days and bad days... spikes come and go, just the usual stuff.

I'm a little worried right now, because next week I'm taking off to a long car trip (8-9h) to stay a week on vacation (beach, sun, coconut water, you get it!). With that in mind, I have some questions...

1. Should I wear protection during the car trip? I drive a Honda Civic, it's a new car, not very noisy, but still, it's a long trip. My phone app logged around 70db inside the car, the spike was around 77db.

2. Should I wear protection on the beach? I usually try to find private beaches with less people possible, but I have no idea if the sea sound can be loud enough to cause me a spike.

3. In case I get a spike from the trip, what should I do? Wait? Because there won't be any doctors I trust around, and I live in Brazil, which means most of the time doctors have no idea how to deal with T.

So yeah, let's hope I have a safe trip and nothing happens, but I'm considering all the options and trying not to get anxious about it.

Cheers,
      William

2. Bobby B
      Fine

Bobby B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Large caliber rifles&machine guns, +30 years of loud clubs
      Really all depends on what caused Your T

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      William Oliveira
      Pacman

William Oliveira Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      It wasn't noise induced. I had a depression/stressful situation going on back then, and T started out of the blue.

Did many hearing tests and all they say is I have normal hearing.

4. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Then you don't need any hearing protection for these situations at all - enjoy your vacation

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Bobby B
      Fine

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      And take a few nice pics of the babes on these Brazilian beaches under those palm trees, for your friends at TTalk back in the cold weather - we need every distraction we can get !

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    6. devonlee
      Badass

devonlee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing Loss of Unknown Origin

Bah ha! You can take some pictures of the male babes too.

What is this amazing decibel app people speak of? I've never heard of such a thing. It sounds addicting lol.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      William Oliveira
      Pacman

William Oliveira Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Hey guys, thanks for the recommendations! Haha

I'm at the beach now, the trip went just fine. It took 11h and I did not wear any protection. T is the same. No spikes.

Today I had some scares though, first a Helicopter passed right on top of my head, twice. Was quite loud! I mean, wasn't really on top of my head, but it was flying low. Then the restaurant I'm in started playing live music. Just a guy with his guitar.

I had my phone tracking the db levels on both occasions, and the max I got was 88db, from the Helicopter. I wasn't wearing any protection, so I'm a little concerned now. I did plug my ears using fingers.

Well, to finish up, I'm doing everything I want here, trying not to worry with T so much.

Cheers!

Here are some pics

The last one is me and my baby daughter. She's 8mo now

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      William Oliveira
      Pacman

William Oliveira Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015