Long Lasting Fleeting Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Nick the Swede, Jun 9, 2015.

1. I use to have fleeting Ts maybe 3-4 times/week. I don´t worry about them, they use to last for maybe 30-60 seconds and fade away. This morning i had one very long one, took more than an hour for it to fade, scary one. Anyone else experience these long ones?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Yeah, quite often actually. It starts like regular fleeting T, loud at first then it fades. But it never fades away completely, it lingers for some time. Sometimes several hours.

• Informative Informative x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick the Swede
      Conehead

Nick the Swede Member

Thanks @Lapidus(y), this was exactly what happened. The sharp tone stayed for an hour or more, but faded slowly. I was on the floor with my little boy and had my neck in a very uncomfortable position when it struck. Strange things this.

4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've noticed similar things from waking up with my neck in a weird position. I'm not sure what that means, but if I had to guess, your uncomfortable neck is related.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Mark Griffin
      Depressed

Mark Griffin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Yes! Had exactly the same thing the other week. Hearing went dull in my right (good) ear and this shrieking T hung around and only faded very slowly. Took about 90 mins to go. Bloody scary.

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick the Swede
      Conehead

Nick the Swede Member

I noticed when i do much cardio, like hard biking 6-7 times/week i don´t get them at all. Thinking of if it´s related to bloodflow in some way or another, don´t think it´s anxiety related in my case:unsure:

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick the Swede
      Conehead

Nick the Swede Member

@linearb ,The neck is for sure involved in som way, but i can´t say i am having problems with it. A little stiff from time to time but what T person is not:nailbiting:

8. Mark Griffin
      Depressed

Mark Griffin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Mine started after a car journey with the window open.. think it must have been the cool wind on my neck or in my ear.

9. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      @Nick the Swede i get those but it's short bursts maybe 20 seconds then fades always scares the crap out of me makes my mind wonder what's around the corner.
      Take care Nick

10. Tweaker
      Transparent

Tweaker Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Yes, I get that too. Your ear suddenly feels really full, a bit deafened and the tinnitus is obscenely loud. Usually lasts a minute or so but sometimes fades gradually leaving behind a residual ring that can last a few hours. Best to not panic.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick the Swede
      Conehead

Nick the Swede Member

Thanks guys, had a new one @4 o clock this morning, faded but still audible 9 hours later when i am in silence. Should i worry about this? The pure tone is there among my usual hisssssssing(n)

12. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      This is not unusual for me. My experince is that the new tone can linger on (in a low volume) for the whole day but if I don't give it any attention and go to sleep it's usually gone when I wake up. I think sleep can work to "reboot" the brain. Try not to think about it (easier said than done, I know).

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick the Swede
      Conehead

Nick the Swede Member

The tone is still present, at the same volume as yesterday:nailbiting:. I better prepare to adjust to this one long term(n). At least it´s a pure and clear tone:dunno:. I was doing pretty ok not great but still ok with my old hssssssss T.
      Kind of funny, one of my biggest fears since i got T is that a fleeting T should stay, and here i am.

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm big on doing yoga every morning -- especially cat/cow and sphinx/baby cobra. Nothing magical about it, but does seem to help ease my neck, which it needs, because I'm a typical software engineer with typically shitty posture.

Using a standing desk helps, too.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Nick the Swede
      Conehead

Nick the Swede Member

Thanks, i trade sports (,basketball and tennis) live for my living. I use a standing desk some hours of the day and it´s great. I have started practising some yoga and mindfulness for relaxation but it´s very hard in the beginning

16. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Lots of nerves and arteries etc run thru the neck. Could be nerves pinched or even restricted blood flow to the brain or ear or both. I've found neck and head massages help my T and bouncing vision when it's really bad.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    17. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What is the cause of fleeting T? Nerves or ear pressure? I had about 5 just this evening, in both ears, lasting from a few seconds to about 30 seconds. I also have been hearing random chirp sounds. What does this mean? Thanks.

18. gorzakus

gorzakus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      Nobody knows for sure but some researchers say it's muscle spasms in the ear.
      Don't worry about them, 75 percent of the population gets fleeting tinnitus

• Like Like x 1
    19. Arseny
      Wishful

Arseny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possibly from problems with blood flow
      I just had an episode of fleeting tinnitus with great decrease in hearing on some frequencies. It felt like ear went 50% deaf for a few seconds.
      Tone only dissipated after ~40 minutes.
      I didn't have ear fullness.
      I did a hum test and there was no lateralization. So it seems that everything is ok.

I got really scared and was ready to inject myself with Prednisone.

• Hug Hug x 1
    20. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Is it common for people with ETD, especially pressure issues, to experience fleeting T?

21. friend74
      Doubtful

friend74 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      What happened to this 'Fleeting Tinnitus' Attack? Did it finally go away?