Long Time Sufferer Looking for Relief

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nige, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Nige

Nige Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi guys,

When I say long time sufferer, I really mean it. I can't remember a time when I didn't have my constant zinging companion with me. For the longest time, I actually thought it was normal, that everyone hears it.

So, I don't know when it started, or why. Mine is a constant continuous zing in both ears that never lets up. I've done a lot of reading online and now find that I have many ENT ailments...

I've got excessive earwax build up that needs irrigation maybe once a year

I hear bubbles burst when I swallow

I've heard the Morse code at night

Fullness n the ear that needs the nose closing blow manuouver to relieve

At times I have severe ear ache at night

Post nasal drip on the vocal cords and constant clear mucous in my left nostril

Oily skin build up around the nose and eyes area that I must freshen multiple times a day

Oh, and I've also been told that I have a deviated septum

So, that's me in a nutshell. I've always thought these symptoms are somehow related. I've fantasized about visiting House MD to find some duh moment and simple miracle cure!

Lately I've decided to actively seek some relief, so I'm throwing it out there...

Anybody else have the same symptoms I have.. and possibly

2. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Welcome @Nige. Everyone experiences tinnitus differently. As you read through these forums you will find many people who share one or some combination of your symptoms. Mine, personally, appear limited when compared to yours (basically a number of high-pitched tones and hissing that never stops and it loud enough that I cannot mask them with headphones).

I have found this community wonderfully supportive and willing to both share their experiences, and to support others who are suffering. That last part is very important as many of us have found that obtaining support in our "real" lives can be difficult. This is not to say that the people around us are bad or uncaring, but for those who do not suffer from tinnitus it is difficult, if not impossible, for them to comprehend the level of suffering something as "simple" and a "little ringing in the ears" can cause. There is an interesting post by @Equalizer ( https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/could-you-habituate-to-the-chinese-torture.22915/ ) that likens tinnitus to the infamous "Chinese Water torture". I certainly will use that analogy the next time I find myself attempting to explain how tinnitus can effect one who is so afflicted.

I do have a suggestion. (I have referred to this person's posts so many times here I fear he may file for a restraining order soon ;)) I would highly recommend searching out articles written by @Michael Leigh. He is extremely knowledgeable about Tinnitus and has posted a wealth of valuable information which, if I were to paraphrase it would only be a disservice to all who suffered through my attempt.

I wish you luck and I hope you find what you need within the forum.

Also, live you our fantasy, see the house MD. S/he may be able to alleviate your symptoms. Many people here have found relief (read through the success stories).

Please keep us updated on your progress, or whatever happens. We are here for you.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Thank you for your kind comments @Kolisar Please continue to refer people to my posts as it's all about helping and supporting each other. If I may say so, your posts are always well written, interesting and detailed.
      All the best
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
    4. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thank you. That truly means a lot to me as your posts, as far as I am concerned, are the "gold standard". I am honored sir by your comments.

• Like Like x 1