Looking for Answers/Advice...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mand b, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Hi everyone I am 27 years old and have tinnitus. I had mild on and off tinnitus around 2010 but It never bothered me that I needed medical help, I don't even remember it really thats how low an impact it had on me. Anyway in 2011 I became pregnant and thats when it all started I suffered varying fluctuations that would be so loud I could hardly function, I was a mess physically and emotionally. I had hyperacusis and sound distortion like every sound would make a popping sound. I did have some good days during and after pregnancy. I remember it going away for around 6 weeks before and after the birth. In the times it was really loud I struggled to hear and hearing tests would show this but would return to normal when it was quiet. I am also deaf in one ear since birth they reckon. My tinnitus is more of a head sound like a howling wind sound, I do however experience other sounds. Anyway I suffered for 18 months after the birth and then it suddenly stopped for 2 whole years I lived normally with normal ears to what I've always known I literally could not hear the tinnitus even in quiet environments. I got pregnant in June 2015 and tinnitus started again in August then stopped again for 3 months after I miscarried then now its back again for the past 2 months I have had some quieter days though but this is difficult for me now because I am feeling all those emotions again. Its affecting me attending college because of the noise and struggling to hear over it.
      I have daily dizziness for the past 18 months not vertigo though. Recent Caloric test showed really low balance on both sides but the man wasn't convinced as he said if it was that low I wouldn't walk normally and unaided he reckons its because of being anxious the results came out so low. I do suffer anxiety and most days feel unwell because of it. ENT said its not Menieres. I have seen Neurology to and they done those physical tests like checking balance, hand to eye following and checking reflexes and again they said anxiety. Everyone says anxiety to the cause of my dizziness. I am getting mild ear pain at the moment but no sign of infection the nurse said. Sorry for the long post I just wanted to give my story so if anyone has the same symptoms or has done then it would be good to speak to you. The tinnitus I am struggling with I don't get why now after 2 years even in all my anxious states it stayed away. And why do I get dizzy all day every day? Thank you in advance for reading/replying x

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi mand b,
      Hi duck.....
      Anxiety can cause tinnitus and spike tinnitus and anxiety can cause dizziness.

I would have a word with your doctor for anxiety medication and talking therapy to help you cope better with anxiety and that should help the anxiety and dizziness and hope calm the tinnitus down a little.

I know you have had a tough time as we have spoke a few times over the years I have known you off the BTA and sadly you miscarried last year and your hormones may be all over the place and low mood can add to anxiety.
      I know you are deaf in one ear from birth and balance physio could help you strengthen your balance and help your vision to support your balance
      ( im off balance with menieres and in the dark I stumble about).
      keep posting for support mand b..its a lovely forum...lots of love as always glynis xxx

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Hi Glynis how did you get on at the doctors? Well I am seeing a physio atm seen him around 3 times but he wants to discharge me back to ENT as hes not sure what to do all he suggests is a different diet because he believes its migraine causing the dizziness with out the head pain. I am on the waiting list for CBT for an high intensity course but waiting list is 6 months long. I may have to go on beta blockers anyway to control my palpitations once I have had the investigations and go ahead from the consultant. With your Menieres are you always dizzy non stop or not? Or do you get vertigo attacks? I get off balance in the dark to but I think its an anxious trait because I have thought about falling over so much in the dark that when say I go the cinema I have to make sure I hold on to who ever I am with when walking down the steps because I think I will fall but never do. I am hoping my balance issue is just anxiety related or to do with only having one ear to hear from.x

4. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi mand,
      My doc has changed a medication and says im having trouble with my inner ears BPPV along with menieres.
      with Menieres I get attacks that come in clusters and side effects with my sever tinnitus.
      At the moment im dizzy 24/7 and having room spins like my menieres if bend.sit and stand and laying down.
      My doc did a head maneuver on me on his couch and sent me into a spin but he new it would as its a problem with my semi circular canal's.
      Resting on the sofa as so woozy.
      Hope your CBT comes through soon.
      Bet your little girl is about 3 now....lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 2
    5. Carlos1

Carlos1 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Root Canal
      @glynis Glynis with all you're going through I really admire the strength you have.
      God Bless you and keep your faith you're an inspiration

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Aww sorry to hear that Glynis but rest is a must. I hope your not having to go to work tomorrow? You do really well to go work with 24/7 dizziness. Do you get the spinning vertigo attacks often? That must make you bed bound for a while. Yeh my daughter is 3, shes 4 next month. Thank you I hope so to all I can do is wait. How old is your grandchild now?x

7. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Carlos1...thank you so much...lots of love glynis

8. glynis
      Feminine

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Mand b ...its tough going at the moment with my ears IMG_20151105_204606.jpg but battling on and looking forward to better times.
      My grandson is 3 in March.

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mand b

Mand b Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/10
      Aww how cute Glynis. Hasn't that time flown by? I remember when you told me you had a grandchild on the way x

• Hug Hug x 1