Looking for Any Advice?

Discussion in 'Support' started by DDD, May 17, 2017.

1. DDD

DDD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noice induced/acoustic trauma
      Hiii, I know I haven't posted in a while, but I mostly come to this forum to lurk in the frequency and the inner hair cell regeneration research threads because that's the only thing thats giving me hope. If I read anything else about how people ( including myself) are having such a rough time I get even more depressed than I am and that's not healthy for me. I would love to offer support to people but I'm having such a bad time too I just don't have anything to say that'll help I guess :/

Anyway, I have been trying to get my TMJ under control for months now as from the last time i posted ..... last week I had really bad jaw pain out of nowhere (after a long-ish period of it being kind of okay) and it badly spiked my tinnitus and it hasn't gone down yet. Today, I ate lunch and had jaw pain (not as bad as it was before so i don't even understand) and now its even higher.

Anyone had TMJ or jaw related spike and it went down? How long did take? I feel like this is permanent because it has happened twice in a row, now. I can't even see how im gonna function with this level of T. It was already quite severe when i first developed it. I know i'm not gonna kill myself obviously because i would've already done it if I really wanted to and quite frankly I'm tired of saying and thinking empty threats but this noise is extreme. I hear it over e v e r y t h i n g. It's badly reactive too.

Another thing I'm freaked about is that I'm also a seasonal beach house cleaner and the summer season is starting back up again and I'm worried about vacuum cleaner sounds? I've got the Peltor 3A ear muffs and earplugs from Walmart and I'm worried if the vacuum cleaner is going to be too loud. I don't know if that's an irrational fear or not, it seemed okay last season when I first got T but it seems my T spikes up over anything nowadays, and I feel like they don't give me enough protection considering it still sounds so loud or if it's just me.

Sorry if this is all over the place. xx

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I put on my Peltor earmuffs and earplugs, and had a relative turn on a vacuum cleaner in the next room. As I got closer to the vacuum cleaner, it began sounding uncomfortably loud. So unfortunately, I won't be doing a lot of vacuum cleaning, this summer.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      DDD

DDD Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/16/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noice induced/acoustic trauma
      @Bill Bauer yikes, same. that experience doesn't sound like this is gonna end well for me. This really makes me wonder how people do normal things like cut grass or etc. because stuff like that is pretty loud or what kind of jobs people with T have. Never in my life would i have thought to be scared of vaccuming or lawn mowers :/