Loud Music and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by MarmiteKFC, Jul 27, 2016.

1. MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      I told this a bunch of times and my cause of my tinnitus due to loud music at my dance class. I have 4 more classes and it's over. I also bought earplugs for protection. Does noise induced tinnitus go away? I am 14 as well so does age have a factor too? I went to the university hospital too and they told me that in 1-2 weeks it will fade. But still, does it go away? I been exposed to it recently and its been currently nearly a week since I been exposed to loud noise. Saturday I have my dance class. Note it's been more than 4 days since my Tinnitus, so um for you guys do you think it will go? Also what should y diet be? I heard that chocolate can make it worse. I know that I posted this a bunch of times, but I am just wondering if there are ways that I make it go away any faster? Usually when I tired or not distracted in a quiet room it feels silent for a couple of seconds. Then there is noise, anyway to focus on other stuff too?

2. Foncky
      Tired

Foncky Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music. Balloon. Genes.
      Don't go to the dance class.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      I tried that but my parents said I still have to go. I have 4 more days of dance class and I have ear plugs as well. Honestly, I keep telling my parents but they don't want to hear it. On Saturday dance will start.

4. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Simply, tell your parents, "NO". It's not them that have to deal with potentially lifelong condition for the next (on average for you) 65 years.

You're young - you'll likely beat this. But allow your nerves to heal. If you broke your ankle they wouldn't force you to go. This has potential to be much worse than the ankle.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Yeah, but my parents are Indian. Also my mother has a personal thing with it. She wanted to do bhangra, but she couldn't. I really don't want to argue with her. Can I still go with earplugs? When I talk to them about it they also say my headphones might of caused it, but I don't listen to loud music, I put it around 50 percent. Now I just put the headphones on my left ear and play it low. I pretty much can't do anything. Is there anyway to convince them, because for my mom its really personal with her and for my dad I am not sure.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Also one last thing too friend, does diet make it worse? Such as chocolate, salt and caffine? Because I am going to do everything to let it heal.

7. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm not going to tell you what to do. I'll tell you what I would do. Your parents being Indian doesn't change the fact that they should treat your health and quality of life with a priority.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @MarmiteKFC

as I posted in the other thread, I've found absolutely zero correlation between diet and symptoms. I do find a correlation between caffeine intake and anxiety though. Anxiety makes it more difficult to deal with the same level of symptoms.

I drink frequently. It doesn't change it. My diet is generally good so I can't speak too much for other than booze. I eat real food, and generally low sugar / wheat.

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Thanks man, I will try my best to tell my parents about the health affects. I am just going to make a deal with them and bargain.

10. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Like I said, you're young. It's been like a week. Your chances of healing are super high. Your hair cells are like grass. They've been knocked down. Don't go dancing on them (forgive the pun) if you expect them to get up. You'll just end up with a dead patch.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MarmiteKFC
      Amused

MarmiteKFC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ????
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Thanks brother, I will uh send an email later at Friday to my father.