Loud Music-Induced Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Haroldw, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Haroldw

Haroldw Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud sounds
      This is day 9 since I noticed a ringing from listening to loud music on headphones for approx 30 min. It has gone from a ringing to mild hiss since then. I am not noticing or maybe hearing it at work. I work at a computer in a fairly quiet environment.

At night when playing games or watching tv it comes and goes. I went to Dr and he gave me sudafed and said steroids if that doesn't work.

It is masked by most daily sounds but at night is noticeable. Have not lost any sleep but am wondering since I am in early stages how severe would you say it sounds? I am trying not to find it and have had 3 good days put of the 9.

Just wondering if it is a thing that sounds serious or maybe pass in a few weeks or months. The soft hiss is ok but ring sound at first was very disconcerting.

2. Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure maybe to much noise
      It sounds like mild T, but again i cant hear what you are hearing so i cant be sure. But one thing i can be sure about is that you need to stop listing to loud music in headphones, or it could get alot worse over time. But if you start to be carefull now there is a good chance it will not get worse. :)

You can also have Reactive tinnitus since it comes and goes. Reactive tinnitus is something you can get if you are listing to some specific sounds. Sometimes you can hear it sometimes you cant.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Haroldw

Haroldw Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud sounds
      Thanks for the info,

Is it good that when I wake up at night to use bathroom or something it is not noticeable? I have read in other posts that ring to a hiss is a sign of healing?

In any case I am grateful to be able to work without being bothered by it, but annoyed to try to relax at home at night and hear it sometimes.

4. Rasmus
      Cool

Rasmus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      around 02/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure maybe to much noise
      If you cant hear it when you wake up at night its a good sign :)

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Haroldw

Haroldw Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud sounds
      My primary called in a 6 day prednisone for tomorrow. Is that helpful for noise induced T less than 2 weeks since onset ?

6. 4thwisemonkey

4thwisemonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      27/12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      new guitar pedal
      got tin at xmas playing guitar,if I leave guitar for a few days it goes to a tickley hiss I know that sounds silly but that's how it feels,i also don't hear it in the morning takes an hour or I think its gone then it starts

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Haroldw

Haroldw Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud sounds
      Same here. The tickly hiss is what it sounds like most time. Maybe thats a noise induced T specific phenomenon.

8. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Hi

Ive had t for a few years now and the tickly hiss is the best way to describe it. I hear it at work because my office is very quiet, alot of the time i can just ignore it and get on with work. If it's annoying me i will put on my purple noise app:

• Creative Creative x 1
    9. Spiral
      Balanced

Spiral Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Tickley hiss is the perfect way to describe it and I can hear a ring if I listen closely. Got it in the end of March from a concert, still have it. If anyone reads this, even if you're not right next to a speaker don't go to the very front of the stage without earplugs for the whole concert.

10. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      This is very encouraging. Assuming you will not get a second acoustic trauma, it looks like it will most likely be gone in another 2-4 months.

Your ears have been compromised. Things that a healthy person won't even notice, can get your tinnitus to return and possibly become permanent. For example, I made a mistake of pressing an old landline phone (with its volume set to maximum) to my bad ear when someone called my home. My T changed from a hiss to a high-pitch tone. It hasn't changed back to a hiss yet, and this happened a month ago. Be careful of things like slamming doors, blenders, vacuum cleaners, lawn mowers, and thunderstorms. Try to protect your ears and you ought to be ok.

• Agree Agree x 2
    11. Freeatlast

Freeatlast Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound
      How are you feeling?