Loud Tinnitus Suddenly for No Particular Reason? What Is My Outlook?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Alex Matyjasek, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Alex Matyjasek
      Not amused

Alex Matyjasek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? Who knows...
      Hi everyone, I've had tinnitus for just over a month now (33 days), it happened suddenly, no reason in particular and on top of it had to be loud!

What is loud for me? Well, when in a quiet room, 13 dB of silence it becomes very annoying. I need to need put the tele fairly high, concentrate not hear the bugger. When driving, with the window up, I hear my it buzzing at lower volume, but when with the windows down, I can still notice it but obviously a lot less.... Going for a coffee I can hear my companion buzzing right next to me. Can't hear it having a shower. When having a conversation I forget I have it.

Mine apparently suddenly appeared going through one of the most stressful periods of my life. No hearing loss, no hyperacusis, nothing, but what I read on internet, that people who suddenly get loud tinnitus, may have it loud permanently. Now, what do they mean by may? How many of you out there got it suddenly for no reason, and did, or did not get any better? (This doesn't count for those who went to a concert or any other condition). If so, how long was it till the volume suddenly went lower?

I'm still at the early stages, and I know anything can happen still... But I just need info just to get prepared mentally for the worst case scenario.

I apologise for my crappy English, I've been living in Spain for too long....:/

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Bam

Bam Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neck/stress
      Hey bud. You would do well to remember this is a forum heavily populated with desperate souls. What happens outside of here with T who knows? But asking that question here hoping for a positive response is a bit like asking if anyone is a home owner in a soup kitchen.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Genius Genius x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Alex Matyjasek
      Not amused

Alex Matyjasek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8 September 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress? Who knows...
      And I apologise for my stupid question. That what desperation does to you.... Need to fight to get through this. This is likely to be my last post here for the time being. The fight continuous and good luck to everybody.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    4. Manny
      In pain

Manny Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      central gain << NIHL
      @Alex Matyjasek Unfortunately I don't think there are any clear statistics on T going away, or not.
      Welcome to the forum and hugs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. coffee_girl
      Innocent

coffee_girl Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      All my life, but got worse 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced / Concert
      Take a break from the forum once you've gained everything you need from it, if you keep reading the scary stories you are not going to give yourself time to be optimistic. Come back if you need something, but don't stick around too long if you are still trying to heal. The scary stories will always seem to outweigh the positive ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. Redocooking

Redocooking Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genetics possibly
      I hear mine if it isn't over 40 db so I know how it is.

Do everything you can to make your life healthier and stress free, maybe even see if you have somatic T by adjusting your jaw and moving your head around.