Low Engine Rumbling Sound

Discussion in 'Support' started by ammogram, Mar 26, 2017.

1. ammogram

ammogram Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise over exteded period of time
      Hi, I'm pretty new to tinnitus but I've very recently been having this weird engine like sound or a rumbling sound mainly in my right ear. The frequency is low so it's noticeable and extremely hard to block it out.

I feel like the sound is coming from the distance but at times feel as its coming from my head. I'm having a lot of difficulty sleeping as this sound is extremely noticeable at that time of night where its silent. I feel like it could be anxiety but I never had anything like this and my previous tinnitus sounds were higher pitched and mainly in my left ear.

Is there any tips to lessen this, as well as any idea what I should do about this? I'm planning to see an ENT but I wonder if this problem could be something neurological.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. cflkb

cflkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2012
      Hi. I am having the same experience, but in my left ear. My T sounds like a really high pitch EEE in both ears and about a month ago, I started hearing this low rumble sound as well. At first it wasn't too bad then it got really louder to the point thathat I really believed that I had my washer/dryer on high spin cycle next door. I had some pressure/clogged feeling on my left ear/side of my face. It has subsided now somewhat, and I could just hear the rumble noise slightly so I hope it's going away. I went to the doctors who said I had fluid behind my ears, fullness/pressure and redness forming so I am on antibiotics and Sudafed to maybe help clear up my tubes/sinuses. I would definitely see a an ENT/doc cause it could really be so many reasons for a rumble sound to suddenly appear. I wouldn't suggest to Google it because you'll come across so many reasons from ear infections or allergies to Meniere's disease, and it only made my anxiety worse and thus. My T worse. Good luck to you, and I hope everyone has a good day!

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ammogram

ammogram Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise over exteded period of time
      Thank you, and i hope your T gets better soon! I will be seeing a ENT as it almost feels as if the intensity changes according to my stress levels and outside stimulus, i.e. loud car sounds increase intensity. As well as indicators of ear damage.

• Like Like x 1
    4. cflkb

cflkb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2012
      Best thing to do is try and find ways to distract yourself and your mind or exercise. Wish you well!