Low Humming Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by MrMusicMaker, Aug 24, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. MrMusicMaker

MrMusicMaker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Usually get it at night, but now it also occurs often throughout the day too. Really bothersome, all ENT's are unsupportive due to lack of research on tinnitus...

The low humming also gives a feeling of fullness but I cant really notice any change in my hearing bcz when i am hearing other things its harder to notice my hum. So i assume it cancels out with most noise.

I want to know how to make this disappear...its been going on for a few months now but I want it to go and at least just go back to normal tinnitus...which is more bearable bcz its not as loud...

Side notes: it's very loud and noticeable in silent environments, the hum goes away when Im focusing on a dif sound, (the hum is only in my left ear; god i hope it won't happen to both ears...) and it does give a feeling of fullness/pop sometimes, also normal tinnitus occurs simultaneously with it..., and can be heard even when covering my ear

2. MrNobody
      Angry

MrNobody Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This is weird . I cane to the forum today intending to post about much the same thing !
      Sorry I cannot offer any real advice or help but I just wanted to say about what is happening to me too and sometimes it helps to know you are not alone .
      I have had raging high pitched , screeching T in my left ear since April this year 24/7 . It wakes me every time I drop off to sleep . I had only just begun to habituate with it and live again when BANG ! It got worse ! Much louder !
      As if that is not bad enough my one good ear has started with a low hum when I am tired but it is getting where it does it during the day now too. I am utterly miserable and terrified.
      I prefer the high pitched noise if I HAVE to have one .
      I am not sure if I can go on if both ears get bad.
      My Doctors are hopeless and uninterested. I feel abandonned by the NHS . I just do nit see how I can live perhaps another 20 years or more like this.
      I wish you all he luck in the world and hope you get better

3. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      5 years later and still counting....:(
      Please let me know if you find anything that helps!

4. MrMusicMaker

MrMusicMaker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Me too man, dont worry, it honestly shoukd get better, for it it has also been going off for longer periods of the day but the good thing abt the low hum is its not there when u are hearing other sounds. Keep believing t will go away, and know that there was a time for me too, when it did go away before coming back, so it shud be possible. May i ask how you got your tinnitus/what kind of exposure uve done to ur ears for it ti become like that?

5. MrMusicMaker

MrMusicMaker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'll be sure to let you know, have you habituated in 5 years? I read through postst of people having it go away, lets hope that the same will happen for all of us!

6. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows
      Don't blame the NHS, you'd get the same response everywhere. There is just very little know about Tinnitus. Its all guess work. Generally , as you calm down. you'll start to rehabituate.

7. valeri

valeri Member Benefactor Team Awareness

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2011
      No I never habituated engine noise, for me it's still a daily struggle:(

8. MrMusicMaker

MrMusicMaker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I find that sleeping on the side of the engine noise, and having a fan on helps to sleep gracefully...at least for now because it's not that bad unless I wake up in the middle of the night, then need to calm down by using the restroom before heading to bed again. I suggest exercising daily, and eating healthy, I've been doing that and feeling better even if symptoms aren't improving. Having a healthy body will make it harder for things to get worse!

9. MrMusicMaker

MrMusicMaker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yet it all sucks still honestly...wish there will be a cure someday for tinnitus/deafness for some people. It has to be devastating to lead a life like that, I don't understand why the research done on these ear things are so little. Hopefully they can replace hair cells for humans soon, like they have been able to do for test animals.

10. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows
      Its horrible, I've got a locked jaw, vertigo and T, and its not getting better. There are some interesting clinical trials AM-101 and Susan Shore's trails at University Michigan. They don't think the key is to replace hair cells because many people or animal get damaged hair cells or loose get hearing loss and never get T. I have T with very little hearing loss.

They feel is all has to do with auditory nerves or the timing of signals coming into the dorsal cochlear nucleus. The AM 101 trials is looking to suppress or block signals and the Shore trails is looks to alter the sequence timing. Also the AM 101 is focused on Acoustic trauma and the Shore's is focusing on somatosensory nerves of the face and neck. Like those with TMJ issue. I think phase 3 trials of AM 101 (TACTT3) are happening now in Europe and Phase 2 of Shore's is planned for next year. Funding has be coming in from the US military for AM 101 and Shore's is funded by US grants and Coulter Translational Research Program. I've spoke with a few people who say they were on early trails and found improvement. There are also some research on this going on a Harvard and Massachusetts Eye and Ear

Here is a early explanation.
      Dr. Robert Aaron Levine's Tinnitus...