Low-Level Bass Too Loud in One Ear?

Discussion in 'Support' started by spiritofeden, Sep 9, 2016.

1. spiritofeden

spiritofeden Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      don't know
      So in Feb of this year I woke up to my hearing titling towards my right ear, Bass sounded louder in that ear , then after 2 weeks it changed and it's been the same in my left ear since.

Even walking on left side shoe feels heavier. I was at ENT and had an audiogram but they said it looked fine. So it's all a bit depressing for me. I'm a musician so listening to headphones is very annoying. All the low end moves to my left ear.

I have no problems hearing things just it seems my left hear is much louder mainly in the bass regions.

Any thought? Help?

2. Vaba
      Shitfaced

Vaba Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown. Gradual, Progressive
      Read about this, RIGHT now. It might help you a lot.

SSCD (Superior Semicircular Canal Dehiscence) is a condition where the bone over the Semicircular Canal (which is a part of the cochlea) detaches/is worn away. It can happen suddenly or gradually at any point in life, but is more common in people who are in their 40s. You seem to have some of the most common symptoms.

Don't expect ENTs to know anything about how the ear actually works. How old are you, by the way?

http://vestibular.org/superior-canal-dehiscence-scd

3. mintblue
      Supportive

mintblue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Whoa I had the same symptoms earlier on with my tinnitus/hyperacusis. I've learned to adapt and barely notice it at this point but one ear definitely hears bass way louder than the other.

4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      A CT Scan can generally reveal this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      spiritofeden

spiritofeden Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      don't know
      Thanks for the replies. So is it cureable? cos it's not like I can't hear anything it's just bass sounds are they like they are in my ear. If someone coughs upstairs its really loud and audible to me

Also I should say .If I had headphones on my left ear feels heavy unlike my right ear feeling normal

at @Vaba Im 31. Ive had this just around the time I turned 31

6. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      See here, but before you go down that path, confirm the diagnosis.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      spiritofeden

spiritofeden Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      don't know
      I had a look at that thanks. I never had any dizzy spells or virtigo or anything of that nature. Just this pressure. Maybe my hearing was always like this is my left ear and my right has gotten bad. But even when I plug my right ear my left ear still just feels off.

8. mintblue
      Supportive

mintblue Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      I have definitely had dizzy spells and still do sometimes. My GP said it's because my blood pressure is so low that sometimes I get dizzy but I dunno about that.

• Pressure sensitivity
      • Sound sensitivity
      • Fatigue
      • Headache/migraines
      • Tinnitus – high pitched ringing in the ears
      The symptoms of SSCD can get worse when a patient experiences extended episodes of coughing, sneezing or blowing of the nose. Sometimes hearing one’s own voice can also aggravate SSCD.

I've had all of these.