Low Rumbling Sound in Right Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Artmuzz, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Artmuzz
      Scared

Artmuzz Member

I suffer from anxiety, depression and panic disorder. Since a couple of days ago I’ve being experiencing a faint low rumbling sound in my left ear. Sometimes the sound is constant and sometimes it’s intermittent and comes and goes every second.

The sound is like distant machinery or a stationery truck with its engine on outside or the sound of a factory a few miles away or the sound of a gas boiler. The low rumbling sound is heard worse when I am in bed at night or in a silent environment.

I do suffer very mild tinnitus in that ear and sometimes I get very high pitched tinnitus but that comes and goes but this low rumbling is troubling me. Please advise.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      Can't advice but I can say that I get that every once in a while myself. And in bed.

3. Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      Hey @Artmuzz . I had\have the exact same problem, so i would like to respond to you. I also have severe anxiety and panic attacks. The meds i was given actually caused my tinnitus. Since you didn't say what caused your T, i would like to recommend that you find a relatively good ENT/Otoneurologist and have an examination ( carefully). If it is not caused by nerve hair cell damage, don't focus on it. The low sounds are very intrusive, but you can't let it get to you!
      Hugs, Plamen.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Artmuzz
      Scared

Artmuzz Member

I think my tinnitus in my right ear was caused by bruxism due to clenching the right side of my teeth and jaws in my sleep due to emotional stress and anxiety. The low rumbling sound is noticeable when I am in a quiet environment. Usually my tinnitus is either high pitched or mid pitched but again only noticeable when in a quiet environment.

• Like Like x 1
    5. sdotosull

sdotosull Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      Sounds like Middle Ear Myoclonus.

6. Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      Middle ear myoclonus is clicking tho isnt it? The videos I saw of that are not even close to low humming.

7. Shell2211

Shell2211 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluid/loud noise
      If it comes and goes and you can kind of feel it as well as hear it then I’d say it’s definitely tonic tympani tensor spasms. For what ever reason laying down seems to trigger it for a lot of people including myself. The best thing to do is distract yourself from it and I find it goes away

8. dingaling
      Asleep

dingaling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, probably loud music
      What does your own voice sound like? Can you hear it more/in your head?

At this stage - could be anything...