Lying on Side Spiked Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zeneth, Nov 23, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Zeneth
      Hurting

Zeneth Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Very Unknown At This Point.... most likely loud sound?
      Last night every time I would lie on my side, I got a 5x times louder high pitched sound that goes away after a bit from popping my ears with my jaw... What the heck!

2. Zeneth
      Hurting

Zeneth Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It seems like fleeting tinnitus but longer, sometimes 1-2 minutes, idk if it goes away from popping my ears or just on its own

3. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Could be TMJ.
      Try sleeping on your back and see if it still happens...lots of love glynis

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. Zeneth
      Hurting

Zeneth Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yea! When I was on my back it wasn't happening as much, still may have happened a few seconds though! My jaw was also sore, how does TMJ do this though!?

5. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      By putting pressure on your jaw the side you sleep and probably bringing teeth or clenching your jaw
      ..lots of love glynis

6. 3ri0w

3ri0w Member

I have this too...trying to sleep on my back but I have better dreams if I sleep on my side!! Is it really TMJ that causes it?

7. Elinor
      Cold

Elinor Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure, flights, ear infection, colds.
      I would get it checked out. If TMJ is the underlying cause then treating it might improve your T symptoms.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Zeneth
      Hurting

Zeneth Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      But I have a long history of listening to loud noise, and doc says I have ETD

9. Elinor
      Cold

Elinor Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure, flights, ear infection, colds.
      TMJ might be worsening your symptoms. I'm not saying that your T would go away completely, especially if it's caused by noise exposure in the beginning, but it might improve with treatment. The loudness you're experiencing by laying on the side is uncommon for regular T caused by noise. It is most likely caused by something else, therefore I would see someone. Just to get an opinion. It might be treatable, and it that cause it's worth the shot. At least if this kind of T is bothering you.