Lyme's Disease Antibiotic (Doxycycline) Causing a Tinnitus Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mont, May 20, 2017.

1. Mont
      Shitfaced

Mont Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Started doxycycline for a potential case of Lyme's Disease. Dr has me on it as a precaution for tick bite.

But now my T is absolutely screaming at me after taking it for 2 days. I called Dr and he said any antibiotic he gives me will cause my T to spike and to try and finish the script.

Really want to just throw them out. My t is screaming so loud it is crazy.

2. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad decisions
      I have Lyme and that's why I will first try the natural herb protocols. Many people have success with it. No way I gonna take doxy. You could try the penicilins these are better for T I believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Lyme is a serious matter, i'd try to end it and be done with it. if you feel that your med is bothering you, ask for another one. Just finish it and be done with Lyme. Always communicate with your doc and tell them how you feel.

I thought I had Lyme and doc gave me some med and i took it for 10 days. Thank god it got rid of the lyme and I was not stuck with it. Lyme is horrible and it's not something i want on my plate ....

Take care of yourself buddy :)

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mont
      Shitfaced

Mont Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Debating on taking the next pill. T is so loud right now. Supposed to take it now. This sucks so bad

5. tiniturtle

tiniturtle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/19/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Paromomycin
      Lyme disease typically becomes untreatable if you don't get rid of it right away. If it's a SUSPECTED case that might be different. Unless you've had a positive western blot and pcr test.

6. lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Not correct. It just takes about twice as much time as you were sick/infected.

Main diagnosis you get if either find tick on yourself and or got bulls-eye rash while being near "Lyme territory". Problem with most of Lyme cases is that it is not being suspected on early stages because most people never find tick on themselves nor rash.

When i came to this forum approx 11 months ago, i thought i damaged my ears and all my problems when from there. For longest time i though that my eyes are really sh*t now because my ears are screwed up and though it may settle, meanwhile looking for thousands of sufferers with T, whom had developed T due to acoustic trauma - not a single person reported having problems with eyes and other neuro stuff right after the accident.

I really did freaked out because i though it might be something else like MS or something of that sort and i started supplementing with vitamins and detoxing myself like crazy. My symptoms remained same but some would come and go (unfortunately Visual and T remained same - not better). Tests were run on me to rule stuff out and everything would come out clean.

As last resort i wanted to see if i may have Lyme because only people with Lyme described euro issues that could fit with mine (not all from same case, but i could find them in "packs" with other people).

After talking and reading @Mario martz posts i really booked LLMD doc to get tested because a lot of times standard tests are not sensitive enough to catch it.

I got tested positive my Igenex lab few weeks ago for Lyme and non conclusive for babesia/bart (which pretty much means that i have that sh*t too).

Generally speaking i am lucky i found it relatively early... A lot of people live with this crap for decades and when all docs run out of tests - they try to do Lyme and it comes out as Positive.

Right now i am doing Buhner`s (core) protocol because i want to try more of a "natural" way killing this nasty thing. These tinctures are so damn strong, they are as nasty tasting as Prednisone or other things are. Also on Paleo modified for Lyme diet.

Really don`t want to do Doxy. I read lift/right it screws ears of people that not even treating Lyme, but other conditions and are getting affected by it. I would not blink if side effects would not relate to ears/eyes.

• Like Like x 2
    7. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I also thought I had MS and was already prepared to be in a wheelchair in 10-20 years. So I was happy as a kid when I tested positive on lyme. But I am trying the same protocol as Lolkas (buhner protocol), so you might look into that as well. There are others such as Cowden protocol and many more if you do some googling :)

• Like Like x 1
    8. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Hey! what is that protocol you are talking about?
      i think i might need it!!!

9. Rubenslash

Rubenslash Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You can find plenty of information on google for the ingredients (and success stories) or even in the book "healing lyme" of Stephen buhner (the 2015 version preferably), costs about 15-20 dollars. It's a protocol that consists of natural herbs in order to treat lyme.

Hows lyme testing going?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Well i finally got my MRI this past saturday and im wating for results if it comes clean ill have my lyme test by friday!

11. Mario martz
      Creative

Mario martz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      @Rubenslash @lolkas just got my results they came clean, i think thats good.
      but now i know that my doctor is gonna tell me how everything is all in my head and my dad is gonna think im lying lol, im gonna skip my appointment with the neurologist, im gonna use the money to get my lyme test instead.

• Like Like x 1
    12. lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Hey, i am glad to hear that your MRI is clean!

Make sure you find good LLMD first of all, then visit and get Igenex test done right away + vitamin.

With Lyme, vitamin D gets low and then you are exposed to bad stuff like MS. You want to make sure you are like 61+ on vitamin D count. You can jump on Lyme modifird Kieto diet as well - this will make things a bit better.

• Like Like x 1
    13. DT_N_DA_CLUB

DT_N_DA_CLUB Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2011
      Just ask your doctor for amoxicillin if you are concerned about worsening your T.

14. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013

hi

did you end up taking the doxy?

i may need to take it for a chest infection

15. Pawel

Pawel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock
      @Rubenslash How your Lyme disease eventually evolved? Did you take any antibiotics?

16. Pawel

Pawel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Shock
    17. tacbaloon

tacbaloon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Did you take it and what dose? I too am wondering about Doxy and if it causes/exacerbates T

18. Ozwel
      Curious

Ozwel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2005 (I was 19)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Auditive trauma
      Hi, be careful as antibiotics have different families and each one of them "attacks" different forms of the Lyme borreliose. Therefore, you CANNOT change doxy with another one like amoxicillin. They are two different types of atb.

If your symptoms get worse when starting your doxy it can mean doxy works very well on Lyme. It is called Herxheimer reaction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarisch–Herxheimer_reaction

Before getting better your symptoms will get worse. That's how it works with a few deceases (such as Lyme but not only).

19. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      There are alternative (and better) ways to treat the possibility of Lyme Disease than antibiotics. Large amounts of Liposomal Vit. C, Cat's Claw, Teasel Root, Japanese Knotweed, Buhner's Herbal Formulas, etc. Ways that that have already been used to successfully treat Lyme once it settled into the body. The best of all is most likely HBOT.

I would NEVER take a chance on permanently increasing my t by taking a round of "precautionary" antibiotics. My wife took antibiotics when she was in college, and still experiences tinnitus from it 40 years later--albeit at a much lower volume than mine. The risk is just not worth it. BTW, I have a Lyme diagnosis, and use most of the above to keep mine in check.