Many Tests — No Conclusions — Help?

Discussion in 'Support' started by AnneM, Jun 14, 2017.

1. AnneM

AnneM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have had pulsatile tinnitus in my left ear for about 3 months now. It first began after eight months of recurring severe upper respiratory infections for which I took five different (strong) antibiotics and two rounds of oral steroids. The issue with the infections was determined to be from no immune response to haemophilous and pneumoccous viruses. Had vaccines for both and a change in allergy meds and am happy to report this is much, much better.

But I still hear my pulse and static like a stereo being tuned in my left ear. I've seen two ENT's an Oto-Neurologist, a Vascular Surgeon and my GP. I've had a CT of my head, a CT of my temporal bone, an MRI of my brain, with and without contrast, two different hearing tests by audiologists, and an ultrasound of my carotid arteries. I am happy to report I have no tumors or aneurysms, my carotids are 'pristine', my blood pressure is wonderfully low and my hearing loss is normal for someone my age (55).

The only suggestion to a cause I received was from the Oto-Neurologist who said sometimes a blood vessel 'turns' for some reason and could or could not eventually correct itself.

So I'm turning to this community for suggestions and help. Any other ideas on a cause and possible treatment?

2. Aaron123

Aaron123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      00/0000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Irrelevant
      You might ask (probably the vascular surgeon or maybe the oto-neurologist) about an MRV or an MRA.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnneM

AnneM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks! I'll give that a try.

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      You might find a small Beta blocker helpful or a hearing aid to increase external sound to help mask the pulsatile tinnitus.
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    5. Scared111

Scared111 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      has anything helped or did it resolved?