Mark Ronson BTA's Plug'em Ambassador

Discussion in 'Support' started by Steve, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      This was just announced: https://twitter.com/plug_em and http://www.plugem.co.uk/markronson/

Mark Ronson is the latest ambassador for the BTA Plug'em campaign. Pretty big name to have, hopefully it will really help with the awareness message. We need the big names to come forward to help break the stigma that is attached to looking after your ears and what happens if you don't.

I know it's already a bit late for most of us but it's a huge help to make people aware of what tinnitus is and what it can do to you. Wish this sort of campaign had been around when I was battering my ears in pubs and clubs.

• Like Like x 8
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It's a brilliant campaign from the BTA and I know nightclubs in Sheffield are providing ear plugs free with this campaign........ lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 2
    3. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      No what we need big names to do is say, FIND A CURE for those already in hell. The word is getting around about protecting ears but not getting out about the millions who live in hell, just because some who have it dont.

• Agree Agree x 7
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      I couldn't agree more. We do need to get the find a cure message out there but the most effective way to do that is to bring more awareness to tinnitus.

It won't happen overnight so each small victory is a milestone to that goal.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
    5. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      I listened to some of Mark Ronson's songs on Youtube. This one has over 1 billion views.

Mark Ronson - Uptown Funk ft. Bruno Mars

6. Samir
      Obedient

Samir Manager Staff Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accoustic trauma
    7. James White
      Anime

James White Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music. Not sure.
      Where have you been living for the past few years ? hehehe no offence but this was 24/7 on all radios here

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. Autumnly
      Wishful

Autumnly Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-induced
      Plug’em Ambassador Jamie Laing says: ‘My message is that tinnitus will get better: it may not disappear but you’ll learn to cope with it. It’s like any loud noise — be it crickets in a hot country or air conditioning in a hotel bedroom — after a while your brain gets accustomed to it and blocks it out.’ source

Another opportunity to raise genuine awareness wasted. But who knows, maybe I'm just being too negative here. Would love to hear other people's opinions on this! I just don't see how articles like this one help.

Screenshot 2020-02-11 at 08.49.33.png

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    9. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      No, I don't think you are being too negative. Coping with things sucks. Maybe he 'only' has mild tinnitus, and there lies the problem, i.e. many people with mild tinnitus or the makeup to cope with these things better are able to get through life easier. I don't think it's Mr. Laing's fault though if he is coping with it well, but it doesn't give the true picture for millions of others.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. Bartoli

Bartoli Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2009,worsened 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Those stories have their purpose, but I feel there's enough of those already. They should tell the whole story and that means showing different faces of the disease.

I feel the BTA is slowly starting to understand. Have you seen the latest videos? There's one with @Steve and it's telling it like it is, no artificial positive spin at the end as to not make the crowd too uncomfortable.

I wonder if any of the severe sufferers on here have reached out to the BTA to tell their story?