Mark Ronson BTA's Plug'em Ambassador

Discussion in 'Support' started by Steve H, Jan 27, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Steve H
      Creative

Steve H Director Staff Benefactor Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      This was just announced: https://twitter.com/plug_em and http://www.plugem.co.uk/markronson/

Mark Ronson is the latest ambassador for the BTA Plug'em campaign. Pretty big name to have, hopefully it will really help with the awareness message. We need the big names to come forward to help break the stigma that is attached to looking after your ears and what happens if you don't.

I know it's already a bit late for most of us but it's a huge help to make people aware of what tinnitus is and what it can do to you. Wish this sort of campaign had been around when I was battering my ears in pubs and clubs.

• Like Like x 5
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It's a brilliant campaign from the BTA and I know nightclubs in Sheffield are providing ear plugs free with this campaign........ lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 2
    3. noisebox
      Loved

noisebox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      West End show. Came back 2015 vitamin D overdose prescribed
      No what we need big names to do is say, FIND A CURE for those already in hell. The word is getting around about protecting ears but not getting out about the millions who live in hell, just because some who have it dont.

• Agree Agree x 6
    4. Steve H
      Creative

Steve H Director Staff Benefactor Team Trobalt Team Tech Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      I couldn't agree more. We do need to get the find a cure message out there but the most effective way to do that is to bring more awareness to tinnitus.

It won't happen overnight so each small victory is a milestone to that goal.

• Agree Agree x 3
    5. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      I listened to some of Mark Ronson's songs on Youtube. This one has over 1 billion views.

Mark Ronson - Uptown Funk ft. Bruno Mars